• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: NFLPA is filing a grievance vs Panthers for the hardness of the playing field last Saturday

TheSpecialJuan

i mean really though what do they want? do they want the owners to put a thawing system in place under the field? something that would get used maybe once every 10 years considering for the most part it never gets that cold down here..that game on christmas eve was an anomaly

Edited by tgrfan01
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, tgrfan01 said:

i mean really though what do they want? do they want the owners to put a thawing system in place under the field? something that would get used maybe once every 10 years considering for the most part it never gets that cold down here..that game on christmas eve was an anomaly

Actually, having a good drainage system and warming system isn't a bad thing when you're talking about base maintenance. Even if you only have these freezes every so often, being able to keep your base dry and thawed helps prevent frost heaving. I live in an area that experiences a lot of this and while it's more expensive, going the extra mile can cost you less in the long run. I always try and recommend this to my customers, especially if they're doing concrete or paver driveways. It doesn't take more than a few years to see the ripples and cracks form.