• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moral “players love Wilks” victory next week!!!

Wanderlai

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've been doing it for years. Winning meaningless late season games once we're out of contention with nothing left to play for but draft positions. Some fans keep telling me these moral victories will help us build for the future, meanwhile we still suck.

Exactly! How many times times under Rivera would we start the season as the worst team, basically guaranteed a top 3 pick if we lose out only to go on a win streak after we get eliminated? I get it wins are important but winning when you are eliminated is pointless. Yes I know it’s not a guarantee to get a great player if you tank but you will be the first team to get a pick of any player you want. Also we could have traded that pick for more first rounders. Imagine how many more top players we could have had then?

So we get to play Spoiler then?

I mean...I would love nothing better than for the Cats to crush any remaining remote chance of the Saints getting in....

...but that said, I guess I should be rooting for a loss because DRAFT POSITION.  "Woo f'cking hoo".

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've been doing it for years. Winning meaningless late season games once we're out of contention with nothing left to play for but draft positions. Some fans keep telling me these moral victories will help us build for the future, meanwhile we still suck.

Atlanta won today. I guess they didn’t know you were supposed to quit after elimination. 

what is pathetic about some of our “fans” is the desire to lose while still in contention. 

frankly if every team that was unlikely to win it all tanked, the game would not be worth following. Too much like pro wrestling. Just a fake clown show. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Atlanta won today. I guess they didn’t know you were supposed to quit after elimination. 

what is pathetic about some of our “fans” is the desire to lose while still in contention. 

frankly if every team that was unlikely to win it all tanked, the game would not be worth following. Too much like pro wrestling. Just a fake clown show. 

I agree. We should intentionally harm our ability to compete in the future just for the sake of keeping up appearances. I mean, it's working so well! We're killing it!

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Not quite.  They can't win the division but are (for the moment) alive in the WC, but need some combination of teams to lose ahead of them that makes it unlikely.

Sorry but if there is any sliver of a chance that the Saints get into the playoffs (however remote), I'd rather it not be on our expense.  

F-CK 'EM!

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Let Sam rest next week and run the wildcat every play. 

Isn't Sam supposed to be auditioning for a job, though?

He is a Free Agent after this season.

In retrospect (and hindsight), that stupid decision by Fitterer to pick up Sam's 5th year option may have saved his NFL career that was fast heading toward a wash-out from the league like a Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 3