• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moral “players love Wilks” victory next week!!!

Wanderlai

The only way we win against NO, in NO, is if they tank.  With that said, there is no way Wilks comes back next year.  Tepper don't give a crap about what they (the players) think.  Wilks' only shot was a deep playoff run.

Edited by Matthias
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Matthias said:

The only way we win against NO, in NO, is if they tank.  With that said, there is no way Wilks comes back next year.  Tepper don't give a crap about what they (the players) think.  Wilks' only shot was a deep playoff run.

Tepper should have stayed with Rhule. Wilks taking over gave the team enough mojo to win a few games knocking us out of a top 3 pick. Granted I couldn’t stand Rhule but the roadmap was set. 

11 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Yeah sure hope all those that wanted to win are happy with themselves. All we did was hurt our draft position when the smarter ones knew what was up.

These people will be the first ones saying trade up for a QB now.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Tepper should have stayed with Rhule. Wilks taking over gave the team enough mojo to win a few games knocking us out of a top 3 pick. Granted I couldn’t stand Rhule but the roadmap was set. 

In terms of a top 3 pick, if we could use it to trade back, I would see it as more valuable.  I thought this year would be a great QB class, but not so much now.  I'm not a believer in CJ Stroud, and the Alabama QB is too small.  Overall, I'm good with wherever we end up. (late top 10 or top 15).  Where we really screwed up was not trading away Brian Burns.

Should be interesting to see how we rebound. The mark of a good head coach is getting the best out of his players and getting them to rebound back from a loss rather than start a losing streak.

Why is it important to the players to win next week? Do you want to go out a loser or a winner? I know that ending your season with a loss leaves a bad taste in your mouth in the offseason versus going out on a good note.

Plus it is the Saints. We need to beat them because we don't like them.....

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Should be interesting to see how we rebound. The mark of a good head coach is getting the best out of his players and getting them to rebound back from a loss rather than start a losing streak.

Why is it important to the players to win next week? Do you want to go out a loser or a winner? I know that ending your season with a loss leaves a bad taste in your mouth in the offseason versus going out on a good note.

Plus it is the Saints. We need to beat them because we don't like them.....

Have you noticed many of the posters here's remarks regarding this next game?

They're more concerned with Draft position (as if we're going to win the offseason or something) than anything else.

If they could, they would have the Panthers just forfeit the game and move right on into the offseason without losing draft position.

Of course that's not going to happen and I can safely say the team will 100% next week.

I mean....Sam himself is basically auditioning for a job (he's made a great accounting of himself thus far) either with us or another team so I wouldn't be shocked to see him play well next game.   

Edited by glenwo2

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Have you noticed many of the posters here's remarks regarding this next game?

They're more concerned with Draft position (as if we're going to win the offseason or something) than anything else.

If they could, they would have the Panthers just forfeit the game and move right on into the offseason without losing draft position.

Of course that's not going to happen and I can safely say the team will 100% next week.

I mean....Sam himself is basically auditioning for a job (he's made a great accounting of himself thus far) either with us or another team so I wouldn't be shocked to see him play well next game.   

That is a good point his passer rating since starting is averaging 104. If we don't want him he has earned a spot on someone's roster heading into the offseason.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That is a good point his passer rating since starting is averaging 104. If we don't want him he has earned a spot on someone's roster heading into the offseason.

Considering how there are many teams out there that are QB-starved, he may turn out to be the most sought-after QB in the Free Agent market.    Go figure.  lol