• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Set This Team Back

51 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I’m happy you have so much faith in Sam Darnold to do what Cam did. It must be nice to live in that reality. 

I, on the other hand, want to live in a reality where we see the team make the f*cking playoffs no matter how they do it.

Whether it's with Sam Darnold at QB, Corral at QB, or someone ELSE at QB.

You need to be IN THE DANCE to get to The Big Dance.

That's how it works.

There are no short-cuts.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i'll just say this.

no way am i going to fault a guy who wants to prove himself worthy of a HC coaching job for trying to win games and actually doing it more than he lost. 

i'm not going to fault a team for trying to win and being upset when they don't, happy when they do, and trying hard to win the next one.

all they see is today. all that matters is today. all that matters today is winning the day. 

i'm proud of the effort they all put in and i'm glad they didn't give up. that's what i want to see. a team that is satisfied with or hoping to lose is a team i want nothing to do with. screw a bigger picture.

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

wilks didn't set the team back. he did what he was supposed to do...try to win games. 

tepper set this team back when he 1) didn't fire rivera soon enough 2) didn't fire hurney 3) hired rhule 4) didn't fire rhule soon enough. 

You and I have disagreed mightily over the years, but I agree with you 100 percent on this. Well said and well explained.

• Beer 3

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

As soon as they're stars, though, gotta ship 'em out for draft picks. Fell behind 7-0 after the first quarter of the season, so the rest of the year is meaningless anyway. Besides, no team has ever made the Super Bowl after getting only one first down in the first half of their opener.

Sadly, pretty accurate 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Your reality has sucked for a while. This year was the shortcut where 8-9 gets you a ticket. I was rooting for the playoffs but I get the draft pick and trade Burns stuff because damn it, 7 wins in 2018 is out best record in 5 years. At some point we do actually need more talent and better coaching.

Reality sucks, period.

But in that "sucky" reality, you always try to look for positives.   ANY positives.

It's the only thing you can do.

Would I have loved to go 12-4 or something?   Sure.

But we weren't going anywhere with Matt Rhule.

We shouldn't trash people who finally had a REASON to watch f*cking Panthers games on Sunday that had actual MEANING to them aside from playing out the string and for some here (hoping they lose to improve their draft stock). 

Just read @rayzor's post just above.   He said it better than I could ever hope to say it.

Edited by glenwo2

59 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i'll just say this.

no way am i going to fault a guy who wants to prove himself worthy of a HC coaching job for trying to win games and actually doing it more than he lost. 

i'm not going to fault a team for trying to win and being upset when they don't, happy when they do, and trying hard to win the next one.

all they see is today. all that matters is today. all that matters today is winning the day. 

i'm proud of the effort they all put in and i'm glad they didn't give up. that's what i want to see. a team that is satisfied with or hoping to lose is a team i want nothing to do with. screw a bigger picture.

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

wilks didn't set the team back. he did what he was supposed to do...try to win games. 

tepper set this team back when he 1) didn't fire rivera soon enough 2) didn't fire hurney 3) hired rhule 4) didn't fire rhule soon enough. 

People like to mock Herman Edwards speech but ignore its actual TRUTH.

NFL Players don't just play a game and if they lose, oh well....

....they play TO WIN IT.

That's what the Pro-Tank crowd never understands (or refuses to).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

It's like we're fans of the team and want them to win games.  OH MY GOD! WHAT A SHOCK!

But I'll bite : Sure why not?

If some here don't desire to root for the team to win anymore, I'm sure there are plenty of other teams that they can latch onto. 

Justin Timberlake Reaction GIF

Edited by glenwo2

The problem is not posters want the team to lose. Very clown thing to say. We are all posting on an internet message board to talk football. 

The problem is posters being completely fine with winning five or six games a year.  Doing just enough to not change things next season. Leading right up to the middle of the pack position we have been so accustomed to getting. I’m glad some of you enjoy it so much. Some of us recognize we need to try and change some things up instead of staying stuck in this wonderful cycle. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

The problem is not posters want the team to lose. Very clown thing to say. We are all posting on an internet message board to talk football. 

The problem is posters being completely fine with winning five or six games a year.  Doing just enough to not change things next season. Leading right up to the middle of the pack position we have been so accustomed to getting. I’m glad some of you enjoy it so much. Some of us recognize we need to try and change some things up instead of staying stuck in this wonderful cycle. 

Where are you reading that posters are FINE with winning five or six games a year?

Please explain that to me.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i'll just say this.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/a17dbad9fdf239776f4cb06f17394553d8f645a5db7237b85ead849a28c3990d/1280/https://media0.giphy.com/media/xUA7b1N9MKesp28kAU/200.gif

Very accurate 

• Beer 2

Wilks was asked to take over the 1-4 clown show that Rhule put together over the course of 3 years and make the best of it. He made minimal staffing changes and still managed to restore our culture. 

I'm not sure how any of you can hold this season against him. To me, this is all still Rhule's fault. Wilks did a damn good job given the circumstances and should be given the opportunity to put his staff in place and build a roster to his liking.

• Beer 2