• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh has convo with David Tepper

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

One ring and we'll be happy from now on?

Not sure I agree.

We used to make fun of Buc fans still talking about winning the Super Bowl five to ten years down the road.

Now we want to be like them?;🤔

Gotta get one before you can worry about any of that. We have zero. Do whatever it takes to get the first one and then figure it out.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Not at all lmao. "No one knows the future"? "I expect..."? 

He could have clearly and unequivocally stated he was returning next season for Michigan, but he left the door pretty open IMO

Lol this is a statement that leaves the door wide fuging open for him to go. He's just covering his ass so people don't decommit yet in case he doesn't get the job.

• Pie 2

Just now, trueblade said:

Gotta get one before you can worry about any of that. We have zero. Do whatever it takes to get the first one and then figure it out.

I hear this a lot. People want to go all in for a single season, max out free agency, trade away a load of draft picks, etc.

When I ask "even if that means sucking for a decade after that, the answer is invariably "yes".

Me? I'd rather be great for the long term.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hear this a lot. People want to go all in for a single season, max out free agency, trade away a load of draft picks, etc.

When I ask "even if that means sucking for a decade after that, the answer is invariably "yes".

Me? I'd rather be great for the long term.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Everyone wants sustained success. 

Here's my premise you're debating: If the next coach gets us one ring, it was a successful hire. You're saying you don't agree with that?

• Pie 1

Just now, trueblade said:

That's not what I'm saying at all. Everyone wants sustained success. 

Here's my premise you're debating: If the next coach gets us one ring, it was a successful hire. You're saying you don't agree with that?

I'm saying I'd like to aim for higher than just that.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Not at all lmao. "No one knows the future"? "I expect..."? 

He could have clearly and unequivocally stated he was returning next season for Michigan, but he left the door pretty open IMO

He's clearly angling for better terms and conditions with that statement.

I assume he's had a conversation with us, the Colts and the Broncos already and he's asking for things they're not willing to give at the moment. 

• Pie 1