• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

1 hour ago, Cam Lawter said:

It blows my mind how much worse we are without Borrego. I know we don't have Bridges in the lineup anymore but he didn't win 30 more games single-handedly. Our offense and defense are way worse than what JB had us doing and we were still complaining about him. 

Well it could be that neither JB or Clifford are any good

Edited by Shocker

39 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Well it could be that neither JB or Clifford are any good

Well, yes.  But why fire one guy for one who may be worse?  I get that JB may have needed a fire lit under his ass, but you don't fire a coach with little to no contingency plan.  Yet another dumbass MJ emotional move.

• Beer 2

15 hours ago, 33inNC said:

Well, yes.  But why fire one guy for one who may be worse?  I get that JB may have needed a fire lit under his ass, but you don't fire a coach with little to no contingency plan.  Yet another dumbass MJ emotional move.

I was pissed we got blown out again in the play in but I bet if you told mj that the only guy that wants this damn job is Clifford he wouldn't have canned JB. That said I hope cliff gets us the number 1 pick then we bring in a new coach that can get the best out of victor and Melo 

Edited by toldozer

16 hours ago, 33inNC said:

But why fire one guy for one who may be worse?

He didn't. They rehired Cliff out of desperation. Remember, they wanted the Golden State assistant and he had agreed to become the new HC before backing out of the deal a few days later.

16 hours ago, 33inNC said:

Yet another dumbass MJ emotional move.

Was firing JB an emotional move? Maybe.

• Pie 1

Our esteemed head coach quit and our locker room leader caught a felony all within two weeks of the draft. If Miles got arrested a week earlier Jalen Duren would probably be on the team rn. I know it's convenient to blame all of the Hornets misfortunes on Jordan but the reality is this season was doomed before it started beyond anyone's control.

They were right to move on from JB when he did and Clifford's the best (maybe the only) option they could get last minute when Atkinson flaked. It's not enough but Cliff is playing the young guys more than Borrego did and is working with less. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Our esteemed head coach quit and our locker room leader caught a felony all within two weeks of the draft. If Miles got arrested a week earlier Jalen Duren would probably be on the team rn. I know it's convenient to blame all of the Hornets misfortunes on Jordan but the reality is this season was doomed before it started beyond anyone's control.

They were right to move on from JB when he did and Clifford's the best (maybe the only) option they could get last minute when Atkinson flaked. It's not enough but Cliff is playing the young guys more than Borrego did and is working with less. 

No way they get a pass for that awful draft day trade. I don’t care what happened after, you don’t trade the #13 pick for what you know is going to be a pick in the 20’s (right now looking like 29 or 30) and a bunch of seconds. And the reasoning behind it was mind numbingly stupid.

• 4 weeks later...