• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, MHS831 said:

I would like to see people leave this thread for news or comments specifically based on informed speculation.  In other words, if you want to attack and get into arguments with other Huddlers, go away.

Having said that, I think the longer we drag things out, the more I like the chances that the next head coach is still in the playoffs.

I saw a lot of recent comments and figured it was news, nah, it's a debate about the 2024 QB class lol.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I would like to see people leave this thread for news or comments specifically based on informed speculation.  In other words, if you want to attack and get into arguments with other Huddlers, go away.

Having said that, I think the longer we drag things out, the more I like the chances that the next head coach is still in the playoffs.

That was the original purpose

Just now, 45catfan said:

Is the FO done with the first round of interviews now that Payton's is complete?  No more initial ones, just follow up, correct?

They requested an interview with Kellen Moore.

There's also plans for Shane's Steichen when that becomes possible.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Are teams needing an HC just waiting for Payton to go somewhere before they start hiring? Is that why everyone is taking so long? 

Nah, I think most are interested in either Payton or coaches who were (until yesterday) still in the playoffs and couldn't be interviewed for a second round yet.

Houston: Rumor is they're after either Gannon or Ryans, both still in playoffs and can't do 2nd interviews until 1/30

Arizona: Wanted to settle their GM search first; interviewing Flores today and Payton on Thursday

Denver: Likely to be either Payton or Quinn - Quinn didn't interview until last Friday and Broncos in process of setting up their second round with their finalists

Indianapolis: Who fuging knows lol

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I’m not saying he isn’t a great coaching prospect. I’m saying here we go again with a coach with no HC experience, and we will be in purgatory for the next two seasons. Hopefully, we can compete in 2025.

Giants, Dolphins and Vikings seem pretty happy in Purgatory with their coaches with no experience this year.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, joemac said:

Literally every reporter who is quote tweeted here is just throwing poo at the wall, hoping it sticks.  So many damn conflicting reports its starting to feel like the whole Watson saga all over again.  So much disinformation and PR warfare going on, thats its almost impossible to know whats really going on.  Which is, of course, by design. 

This. I don't get why some of you believe in Twitter so much. You know what Tweet we'll want to see? PAYTON AGREES WITH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Until then it's a bunch of rumors, but some of you want to get some secret insider tid bit before it goes national. Neat, if some Tweet DID let the beans spill ... you and we'd know like an hour at most before the rest of the NFL world lol. Get off Twitter, go run some errands, come back, see if anything HAPPENED, and go on about your life. I'm really shocked Mr. Scot takes Twitter so seriously. He's older than all of us. I'd expect a teen to take Twitter as legit factual news. Not someone who didn't grow up with social media.

• Pie 2