• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could this be a sign...

Lurk21

Looking at this, it seems that we may have narrowed it down and looking at whoever wanted this guy as a DC.  They seem to be vetting it out, to get a good feel on if it(staff the coach likes) makes sense. 

Screenshot_20230115-090939_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 2

To me it looks like they're trying to get the rooney rule interviews out of the way because they already know who they want to hire, whether that be Wilks or one of the rising OCs out there.

The fact they have been blasting out requests to all these minority coaches the past few days makes me think they already like Wilks to take over next season.

Just my guess though.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

*Edit*

I can't read, it's for a coordinator position.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

To me it looks like they're trying to get the rooney rule interviews out of the way because they already know who they want to hire, whether that be Wilks or one of the rising OCs out there.

The fact they have been blasting out requests to all these minority coaches the past few days makes me think they already like Wilks to take over next season.

Just my guess though.

The tweet said they're considering him for a coordinator position, so I don't believe this has anything to do with the Rooney Rule.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Just my guess though.

This says for a Coordinator  position. Therfore it doesn't qualify for the Rooney Rule. This is pointing towards a staff that someone wants assembled. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

fug yeah. I don't know what it definitely means as far as the HC, but that we're probably hiring an OC as HC and getting a much-needed DC to pair up with him.

The more I think about it, the more it is definitely  pointing away from Wilks. I'd assume Wilks would want to keep Holcomb as DC, so you are on to something.  We just interviewed  Shane yesterday  virtually  but it seems steam is picking up between him and Ben Johnson. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, NYPantherFan said:

Only link I can find between the HC candidates and Manuel is Ken Dorsey. They played together at Miami for 3 seasons.

Definitely  something to keep an eye on. I'm not the biggest Dorsey fan out of the selections but don't hate him. 

• Pie 1