• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last of Us on HBO Max

Varking

I am trying to rack my brains if I have ever seen such a well done love story in the middle of a dystopian horror film/show.

The episode felt perfectly as part of the show but they way it showed love and devotion to those two men without the feel of treading water was amazing.

I havent played the game but from the aftershow I know Kathleen and Perry are new characters. I am curious to see if they can nail a human threat well especially seeing they would appear aligned with Joel as anti FEDRA but the set up is heading for Joel to support the FEDRA refugees(holdouts? Threats? - not clear on the status of Henry and his son yet).

Edited by Fryfan
  • Pie 1

On 2/5/2023 at 9:58 PM, jayboogieman said:

Enjoyed the ep and how it shows Joel's and Ellie's relationship starting to thaw through lame jokes. The magazine bit was great stuff, especially the stuck pages joke. I didn't like how they shorted 15 minutes to make up for last week's ep running long. Another thing I don't like is the GOT style opening graphics.

same company did the GOT graphics as TLOU.

The original running length of Epi 3 was two hours.  It got cut back to the 1:20 running time -- would be super interested in seeing the original edit.

Kudos to HBO for giving the showrunners the space to let the story breath.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

The start of episode 5 was harrowing, and I was getting the feeling it was very much an allusion to January 6.

Also, Melanie Lynskey was great in her 2 episodes. If you haven't seen it, absolutely watch "I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore" on Netflix.

They did a good job with Kansas City as well. The skyline shots were the actual city, with one or two big liberties taken, and the downtown vibe was pretty darn accurate. The route they suggested out of town is actually somewhat grounded in reality as well, though again with some liberties taken. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Epi 5 in KC was terrific.

Epi 6 in Jackson Hole was pretty darn good too.    Really looking forward to next week, which appears from the preview to be some more backstory we haven’t gotten yet.   Or maybe it’s new story.  Either way, it’s going to be good.

Next week will be backstory for Ellie and how she got bit in the first place. That's if they stick with the game's story.