• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 3 coaches in panthers history?

KaseKlosed

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Sure, I get that and know that, but we would never know what would have happened regarding drafting a QB high because Jake turned out to be a hidden gem of a FA.  Jake was much more than just a game manager.  If that were the case and that's all he was, I could have seen Fox taking a stab on a QB early in the draft.  Again, Jake worked out so well (up to the Tommy John surgery) that developing a rookie QB wasn't necessary.

But Fox was here for 3 more seasons after that injury/surgery.  Delhomme was the definition of game manager. Everyone wants to assume game manager is a bad thing. Its not always the case. He was neutral. Always up and down, up and down. Just about always ranked around the middle of the pack amongst QBs. He was just mediocre. Just heave it up in the air and let Smitty jump up and fight for it. Or let 6`2 Moose do the same in a contract year. He would also terribly overthrow receivers 10 feet above their head. You could tell from the start of games what type of Jake you were going to get.  The surgery was just going to make this worse. There should have been another plan. Fox had 3 offseasons to come up with one. However, he wanted this kind of offense. Old school run the ball, dont let your QB make mistakes or you will fail, type of offense.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

15 hours ago, KaseKlosed said:

Who are the top three all-time coaches in the Carolina Panthers franchise, in your opinion

1. Ron Rivera (2011-2019)
  2. John Fox (2002-2010)
  3. Matt Rhule (2020-2022)
  4. George Seifert (1999-2001)
  5. Dom Capers (1995-1998)
  6. Marty Hurney (Interim - 2012)
  7. Jack Del Rio (2002-2003)
  8. Mike McCormack (1995)
  9. Dave Wannstedt (2004)
  10. Dan Henning (2008-2010)

Rhules…… Matt.  Thanks,,, I needed a good laugh.

I agree with “Sean Payton’s Vicodin”

1. Ron Rivera

2. John Fox 🦊 

3. Dom Capers

1.Rivera, and I don't get the hate for him , he led us to relevancy, before Fool and Tepper tore it all down and made us the laughing stock of the league, people saying Cam carried him?, I don't see people saying Brady carried Bellicheck, even though the pats have done nothing without him

2.Fox, took a 1-15 team to NFC champs in 2 years, but he refused to adapt to a changing league,and was more loyal than you can afford to be in the NFL

3.Dom Capers

8 hours ago, KillerKat said:

But Fox was here for 3 more seasons after that injury/surgery.  Delhomme was the definition of game manager. Everyone wants to assume game manager is a bad thing. Its not always the case. He was neutral. Always up and down, up and down. Just about always ranked around the middle of the pack amongst QBs. He was just mediocre. Just heave it up in the air and let Smitty jump up and fight for it. Or let 6`2 Moose do the same in a contract year. He would also terribly overthrow receivers 10 feet above their head. You could tell from the start of games what type of Jake you were going to get.  The surgery was just going to make this worse. There should have been another plan. Fox had 3 offseasons to come up with one. However, he wanted this kind of offense. Old school run the ball, dont let your QB make mistakes or you will fail, type of offense.

You're so off base it's incredible