• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I made a stupid mistake trying to sell this house

cardiackat88.

So, a couple moving parts here. North Carolina:

First of all, a certified mold inspector will come out and inspect and take samples of anything suspicious he/she finds. Those samples are sent to a lab. I used CEI/Eurofins in Cary. They will provide a detailed analysis of each sample, telling you of the concentration as well as whether or not it's active or dead.

Then, and only then, upon the decision of the homeowner, does a remediation contractor come into play.

Keep in mind, the inspectors, the lab and the remediation companies all have state licenses, which are easily verified through both your local county health department and the state Department of Insurance.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

No.  When you are specialized people call you to put them in touch with the folks who are selling said properties...typically vacant land, or properties with multiple rentals on them.

When this happens I prefer not to enter into dual agency, one party just remains unrepresented...but it does happen especially in niche areas of real estate...which is where I operate.

As to the leech thing, you go try to sell 150 lots to a builder or developer without an experienced agent involved and see how you come out.  Could be great, could lose a LOT more than 6%.

I'm speaking solely about houses here.

Where are you located? If you contacted the agent and he already had a buyer he's probably not representing you. If you're in the Charlotte area I can try and help but not if you already signed a buyers agency agreement with this agent.

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm speaking solely about houses here.

That was my point though, it has it's uses, and can be valuable, but I wouldn't recommend in most all circumstances...however there is a place for it in the industry.