• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

9 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Looks like Quinn is the favorite for the Broncos job now. If it's to push someone it's Carolina. He's already one of the highest paid broadcasters on Fox at like 10m per for part time work basically.  

Do you think we get him? 

3 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Can this please be the last interview of the “first” round? We’ve seen interviewed everyone and their mothers at this point. Hopefully we have it pretty narrowed down after this. 

I was thinking about this actually. IF the current front runners are are Steichen, Payton, and Wilks, there's nothing else we can do with them this week (except hire Wilks, but they can keep him on the backburner since it doesn't look like anyone else has interest in even bringing him in). In that case, they may decide to speak to another candidate or two just because it seems like we're in a holding pattern (especially if Steichen is the top candidate).

I wouldn't mind bringing in Raheem Morris for an interview. Prior HC experience, a defensive mind but like Evero spent a few years on the offensive side as WRs coach and pass game coordinator under Dan Quinn.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Looks like Quinn is the favorite for the Broncos job now. If it's to push someone it's Carolina. He's already one of the highest paid broadcasters on Fox at like 10m per for part time work basically.  

Everybody that I've seen name a favorite for the Broncos job names Payton.

11 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I was thinking about this actually. IF the current front runners are are Steichen, Payton, and Wilks, there's nothing else we can do with them this week (except hire Wilks, but they can keep him on the backburner since it doesn't look like anyone else has interest in even bringing him in). In that case, they may decide to speak to another candidate or two just because it seems like we're in a holding pattern (especially if Steichen is the top candidate).

I wouldn't mind bringing in Raheem Morris for an interview. Prior HC experience, a defensive mind but like Evero spent a few years on the offensive side as WRs coach and pass game coordinator under Dan Quinn.

Good points. It does give me hope Tepper is leaning toward Steichen 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On Albright's most recent broadcast, his words on our situation were that he doesn't know if Payton really wants Carolina, or if Carolina really even wants Payton.

Interesting kinda like Harbaugh

but he’s just saying “he thinks” 

Edited by The Lobo

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Dallas?

Could be.  Jerrah as much as said he was going to fire McCarthy when he gave him his endorsement after the game Sunday.

But that aside, the rumor/speculation of Payton to Dallas has gone on since Payton stepped aside in New Orleans.  It would not surprise me to learn McCarthy was either fired, stepped down, or was perhaps moved "up" in the organization, despite of Jerrah's endorsement.

That same rumor/speculation has been going on with the Chargers, but as @Mr. Scot said, that seems to be unlikely given what they have done since their playoff exit.  Still, one never knows.

• Pie 1

Just now, Pantherzilla91 said:

Your anti-Payton bias is annoying. Can you at least be fair in your reporting?

It's ridiculous. He turns a complete deaf ear to anything other than what he wants to hear. 

Ben Albright has been catastrophically wrong so many times but Scot takes him as the holy gospel.