• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

3 hours ago, GuessWhosBack said:

False hope... that's the new motto around here then....

....but on a another note..I just woke up from a dream.…

The Panthers made it to the Superbowl finally after 13 years...don't ask me why or how....I just remembered the announcer  saying something about Carolina hasn't been back to the big game in 13 years...

Fast forward....we were playing the 

3-peat Superbowl winner..

It was a very close first half...then we got blew out in the second half.

Reich said this was his last game coaching and he would retire afterwards.

And then the next guy at the podium was Steve Wilks...

A bit confused I thought maybe he was our DC until I realized he was wearing a Colts logo shirt...

The next thing I heard was someone asking how it feels to win 4 Superbowls back to back to back to back....

He started of saying "give them guys in Carolina some credit, after my internship, I learned to never accept mediocrity...  "

Haha, what? Can a mod at least edit this nonsense so it doesn’t make the page 10x longer than it needs to be? I took out the spaces in the quote, you’re welcome.

Seems to me the Wilks minority is actually the majority as I read various sources outside of the huddle. Seems the folks supporting Reich are actually in the minority this morning. Wilks did a great job not just average based on most knowledgeable folks and the players. After what Wilks did to restore Panther pride and our keep pounding mantra he surely deserved the job. But as a Panther fan I will support Reich like I have all other HCs we have hired but the angst is justified with Tepper once again pissing off fans and players.. Reich will be expected to win right away as folks think if Wilks went 6-6 with the crap he had, that he would have produced a winning record next year. So anything less than the playoffs for Reich will be a much bigger issue at least among fans. He already is starting one down....

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

8 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I think it's a bad hire. I wouldn't have considered him or Moore.

There's no need to be so salty about it that you attack his family. You act as if it were a personal insult to you that Tepper hired who HE wanted. It never was OUR decision. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

As much as I'm meh on Reich, here's hoping Moore, TMJ, the O-line, any returning RB, and the TEs are ready to put in WORK on a completely new playbook.

This is my hope as well.  If he can get TMJ and a (new) TE involved in this offense, design an offense around the strengths of the QB, then we should see some improvement.

• Pie 2

I hate this for Wilks, but I like the hire.  Wilks is a good man, a local guy, and the players liked him.  He got dealt a bad hand in Arizona, and he did pretty well here.  In my opinion, 6-6 with Sam Darnold as the QB after trading away your #2 WR and #1 RB is pretty good.  I am a fan of his, but did not want him to be the coach because I think we need a "QB whisperer" here.

• Pie 3

16 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

There are competent game managing QB's expected to be available in free agency, however. Why spend on an incompetent one?

Incompetent is a matter of perspective I guess.  I cannot say how Reich looks at the situation.  He's worked with some bad qb's so he may not be so picky about a short timer qb. But that depends on whether they are in win now mode or are still building through the draft. With Rhule it seemed that changed season to season.  So either way I do not care. It's going to be ugly for a while anyway until they can get a qb that can get his playbook down.

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There's no need to be so salty about it that you attack his family. You act as if it were a personal insult to you that Tepper hired who HE wanted. It never was OUR decision. 

I'm not salty that I'm attacking his family.

I'm just anti simp and believe men should stick to their values and not sway because of a woman. 

If I am out with a chick and she says I'm vegan I order a steak. I don't try to force her to eat a steak. She can have her choices but I'm not going to appease her.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

I'm not salty that I'm attacking his family.

I'm just anti simp and believe men should stick to their values and not sway because of a woman. 

If I am out with a chick and she says I'm vegan I order a steak. I don't try to force her to eat a steak. She can have her choices but I'm not going to appease her.

The fug?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1