• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

16 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

I'm like what ever really, but how people trashing Wilks 6-6 but happy with 3-5-1 from Reich with a better team. People where looking at Ind as a playoff team. Just saying

Is that the only season you’re going to use to make this point??

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I could see Panthers-Colts being an early TNF game.

I think it will be week 1. 

2021- Darnold vs Jets week 1

2022- Mayfield vs Browns week 1

2023- Reich vs Colts week 1

I think the NFL does stuff like this to keep non conference games an interesting storyline early in the season. I think they also like doing it in the first few weeks while the person being with the previous team is still fresh on everyone’s mind. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Could've had him as an OC...not sure why we had to make him the Head Coach after what a GREAT JOB he did destroying a perfectly good Colts team with a potential Hall of Fame QB's, or two actually, in Rivers and Ryan.

I won't be surprised if he is mildly successful here for one or two seasons but considering the drama of Indianapolis, a place set-up to win, I'm not holding my breath. 

Wilks deserved a real shot st the job with his guys and his system in place. Three of the four Championshio Game coaches are really transcendent or have transcendent QB's. We will have none of that and Anthony Richardson might take three years to get there, if he could at all. And Reich is good, by certainly not transcendent. 

Give me Siriani, give me Doug Pederson, don't care for a coach who failed with that roster in Indianapolis.

How do you know this??

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Could've had him as an OC...not sure why we had to make him the Head Coach after what a GREAT JOB he did destroying a perfectly good Colts team with a potential Hall of Fame QB's, or two actually, in Rivers and Ryan.

I won't be surprised if he is mildly successful here for one or two seasons but considering the drama of Indianapolis, a place set-up to win, I'm not holding my breath. 

Wilks deserved a real shot st the job with his guys and his system in place. Three of the four Championshio Game coaches are really transcendent or have transcendent QB's. We will have none of that and Anthony Richardson might take three years to get there, if he could at all. And Reich is good, by certainly not transcendent. 

Give me Siriani, give me Doug Pederson, don't care for a coach who failed with that roster in Indianapolis.

4EC038F4-C1F7-46E4-A1E7-71A287DA4FFE.jpeg

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

I'm like what ever really, but how people trashing Wilks 6-6 but happy with 3-5-1 from Reich with a better team. People where looking at Ind as a playoff team. Just saying

They've been a playoff team...twice, under Reich.

Wilks deserves all the credit in the world for the job he did but it just wasn't quite enough.

• Pie 1

Reality check for some of you..

Love Wilks and what he achieved this season and he was top 3 on my list of coaches..

But the problem he ran into was his specialty, the situation and the trend in the league..

Team needs a young QB. Wilks can’t develop young QB’s.. He would be dependent on someone else who if they did a good job would be gone..

The Trend in the league is Hiring Offensive HC’s.. Not Defensive HC’s.. It’s a offensive lead league now.. Wilks again isn’t a offensive coach..

Finally the situation and % of intern HC being successful.. Not good..

I love Wilks again it’s just the wrong situation and wrong team right now..

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Just curious as you said he failed with Phillip Rivers while going 11-5… what is your expectation for a good season? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Calling a Colts team that was counting on what was left on Matt Ryan to be their starting quarterback "set up to win" doesn't really make a lot of sense

I was more questioning the whole Reich will take the OC job.. Based on what?? But there was a lot of Cap in his post..

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They've been a playoff team...twice, under Reich.

Wilks deserves all the credit in the world for the job he did but it just wasn't quite enough.

A lot of ppl are thinking with their hearts not their heads..

If they had a job and had the 2 resumes in front of them and hired the less qualified person they would be out of business..

• Pie 1