• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL is Rigged

Diehardpanth02

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I don't know, for proof, maybe the reports of 20+ missed calls in the Panther/Denver SB that went Denver's way?  The late hits in that game on Cam, helmet to helmets, battled fumble, etc?  I think that is the game where it was pretty obvious something was up.  Then just watch around the league.  If it isn't influenced, then the league is OK with bad refs year to year and muddied rules, for some reason, which also makes the game product pretty terrible.

You wanna know who rigged that game in favor of the Broncos?  Our coaching staff.  The guys who didnt think it would be a good idea to do anything different from what they had been doing for the previous 20 weeks.

10 hours ago, onmyown said:

There is absolutely zero theory or equation that predicts incompetence. It’s random.

Look, I love some evidence. Just some. I’m willing to listen. Do you guys have say the top 30-40 bad calls in high stake games in recent times that you can reasonable formulate (with numbers/stats) in even just a logical projection as to how the NFL benefitted in forming a conspiracy to make it play out? 

Because otherwise, like ever other fanbase, bad calls are rigged. Everyone thinks it. Look at their forums. If it was so glaring as some of you say, should be easy to prove.

If it were up to me there’s be refs in a booth watching replays calling plays, but only a couple. Chip in the ball and helmets and a laser grid field. Maybe in the future. For now we still have 70 year olds calling the shots.

I get what you're saying but there is no way the NFL could fully rig games.  Too many people would have to be in on it.  What they could easily do is help push teams.  Officiate one team a little tighter.  Look at tape and figure out what teams are more likely to do that might could be flagged and potentially throw those flags more.  As far as the second part of your post they have sky cam technology already and they should be using it heavily during the entire game to help with calls.

Just now, Cullenator said:

You wanna know who rigged that game in favor of the Broncos?  Our coaching staff.  The guys who didnt think it would be a good idea to do anything different from what they had been doing for the previous 20 weeks.

I am not saying they aren't to blame.  But they didn't commit late hits and helmet to helmets that were not called in a year where QB safety was prio #1.  They didn't bat a fumble that wasn't called.  I'm not going to say Rivera and them did a great job ever but they can't do anything to hold a ref from throwing a flag.

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

Read the post you quoted.

I did. You claim there is a difference between them. I asked for one example of how a head ref can “influence” a game while not rigging it? How do you cheat just a little. Surely you have numerous examples to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I said sports is influenced.   I don't use the word rigged.   Influencing doesn't guarantee outcomes.  And yeah, sports in general has been influenced for a long time.  Not just football. 

No proof of what? There certainly is proof professional sports has been influenced by actors aiming to alter the outcome.  

I mean, it is pretty well documented that every season.......millions watch the Super Bowl all over the globe that haven't been watching games this season.   And it's not just commercials, especially in 2023 that are drawing them in.    The Super Bowl isn't for the hardcore fan.  It's an annual event and they get ears and eyeballs at their disposal they normally don't have paying attention.  And they want to make money of those.   So yeah, they probably give a poo more about my wife than me.  Because my intake of sports content is consistent.  Hers isn't. 

Same question. How does someone influence without rigging? What kind of risk is involved to the entire sport to “influence” a game so they can get your wife to watch? 

When has the NFL had a cheating ref. This isn’t the NBA. And he was in business for himself not the league. 

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I get what you're saying but there is no way the NFL could fully rig games.  Too many people would have to be in on it.  What they could easily do is help push teams.  Officiate one team a little tighter.  Look at tape and figure out what teams are more likely to do that might could be flagged and potentially throw those flags more.  As far as the second part of your post they have sky cam technology already and they should be using it heavily during the entire game to help with calls.

That’s what I think goes on, and I don’t even think it’s always a conscious decision. Sometimes I think it is, like with our Super Bowl and the one a few years ago the Bucs won.  They lean on one team more than the other to influence the game, but no way they outright rig the game. Usually a little leaning is enough to get what they want, with how close the teams always are. A few early bad calls is all it takes to get momentum going one way then they can sit back and call it more fairly because the damage is done.  

The Chiefs were getting ticky tack calls against them in the first half while the Bucs were getting away with assault and that altered how the Chiefs had to play the rest of the game in order to reduce the penalties as well as changing their offense cuz they had to play catch up.  The second half was called fairly because the wheels were set in motion in the first half. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Same question. How does someone influence without rigging? What kind of risk is involved to the entire sport to “influence” a game so they can get your wife to watch? 

When has the NFL had a cheating ref. This isn’t the NBA. And he was in business for himself not the league. 

Rigging is fixing the game so the outcome is predetermined. Influencing is trying to get a desired outcome but it’s not certain. 

35 minutes ago, fjblair said:

Thirty years ago I would have called you an idiot, today I can't say that you are an idiot. Too many breaks and calls that favor the establishment favorite. It's not a good look.

I always dismissed it myself. At this point you can't believe anything you see in the media these days. On any front.

My thing is for people who so passionately feel sports are rigged (sorry, INFLUENCED)

Why watch? And if your answer is “I still enjoy it”, then why bother complaining? Clearly you have accepted it and nothing you say will change it. So why let it upset you, if you know it is influenced going in?

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Rigging is fixing the game so the outcome is predetermined. Influencing is trying to get a desired outcome but it’s not certain. 

If there is any sort of action/discussion taken to influence an outcome it’s cheating. You can’t do one without the other being true. 

19 minutes ago, Toomers said:

yeah, which is why he had to go. 

and it's not like that is the lone example of sports being influenced.  It's documented in pretty much all sports to some degree already.   That it has always existed.  And it never killed any sport.  They just got more popular.  Some great risk. 

One man can influence a game.  That is undeniable fact.  Intentionally or unintentionally. That's all it takes. It's naive to think a multi-billion sport doesn't care what happens or have preferences.  You think we live in an honest world?  I don't think any adult does.   You think sports is going to be the outlier where honesty reigns supreme? 

Knew going in this one was going to be weird IMO.  It just so happened the most flag happy official got rewarded with the game.   Because that made sense huh.  It never made sense.  Neither does part time good old boy network of refs.  Neither does the lack of tech in 2023 to ensure so much could be gotten right.  They don't care about that. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

My thing is for people who so passionately feel sports are rigged (sorry, INFLUENCED)

Why watch? And if your answer is “I still enjoy it”, then why bother complaining? Clearly you have accepted it and nothing you say will change it. So why let it upset you, if you know it is influenced going in?

it's entertainment.  Why watch anything on a TV screen.  Or you tube.  Or anywhere else.  It's just an escape/entertainment.  It being influenced simply adds to the ability to entertain. 

discussing it and calling it out.... doesn't mean it is earth shattering to someone's actual life lol.  Again, it's entertainment.  And the bullshit frankly adds to it.   That's what drama does.