• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think we should shift gears and discuss trading up to #3 rather than #1

GOAT

I believe the Bears will stay put and go defense, while the Texans should be rolling with Young.

We should be focusing on trading up with the Cardinals at #3. It should only take #9, one of our 2nd's and a 2024 1st. We've traded with AZ already this year. The Bears will simply want too much and it would be unnecessary IMO.

Stroud or Levis will be available and the Panthers can roll with whoever they believe is their guy.

After the press conference yesterday, Reich and Fitterer's comments...I think we're trading up for sure.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I believe the Bears will stay put and go defense, while the Texans should be rolling with Young.

We should be focusing on trading up with the Cardinals at #3. It should only take #9, one of our 2nd's and a 2024 1st. We've traded with AZ already this year. The Bears will simply want too much and it would be unnecessary IMO.

Stroud or Levis will be available and the Panthers can roll with whoever they believe is their guy.

After the press conference yesterday, Reich and Fitterer's comments...I think we're trading up for sure.

I think your completely right. I dont see us going to #1 but 100% we are moving up. 

If the Bears are going defense they have no reason not to trade down at least a bit, move down with Indy and you still get one of the top two defenders.

I do think we are moving up though and I could see 3 and 5 as natural spots.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 4

It's definitely scenario driven, but I agree pick 3 or 5 are the ideal targets and would be a tad less value wise. 

It's hard to believe CHI stays put not having their 2nd rounder and needing both DL & playmakers for Fields. Eferblus needs to show some improvement year 2.  He needs players.  

Question is--is it a HOU swap or Indy trade?  We should hope it's the HOU swap.  With that:

1 HOU - Young/Stroud/Levis

2 CHI  - Anderson/Carter

3 AZ is the first trade target to leap Indy, if we can't manage, then if the guy we like is still on the board at 5, we simply call SEA

4 IND - Young/Stroud/Levis

5 SEA -- You call them if we can't figure it out with AZ and the QB we like is there. 

13 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Hopefully they believe neither are their guy.Maybe Williams or Maye is their guy.Id much rather trade back than up.

Just now, heel31ok said:

Hopefully they believe neither are their guy.Maybe Williams or Maye is their guy.Id much rather trade back than up.

no team / organization in the history of sports is already defaulting to net years draft to solve their need.

LMFAO

• Pie 1

i really feel like all we need to do is get ahead of the raiders because aside from them only 2 teams are going to be looking for a QB and i'm pretty positive that houston will go for young and i just can't shake this feeling that the colts will be going after levis. 

the raiders are the only huge question mark for me. i think mcD would rather have a vet, but his number 1 target just said he's retiring...again and i don't see rodgers doing anything except going to nashville or retiring. 

jets won't be going the draft route again. they'll chase after the best vet they can find this time around. probably jimmy G.

ravens will probably tag jackson.

i don't know...i just don't think there will be a huge number of teams trying to jump up ahead of us. we won't need to trade up to the first or really even the third spot. just trade with seattle or detroit and we'll be alright.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Based on Fitterer’s comments, I think you are right. 

I also think it would be foolish, and I also think it would still take more than what you are saying. 

It’s about the player (quarterback) more than the pick. If that scenario plays out, there will be a bidding war, and it will be #1 overall price because whoever is at 3 would be the #1 QB on plenty of boards. 

I’m not a fan of being pillaged. We would get fleeced. 

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i really feel like all we need to do is get ahead of the raiders because aside from them only 2 teams are going to be looking for a QB and i'm pretty positive that houston will go for young and i just can't shake this feeling that the colts will be going after levis. 

the raiders are the only huge question mark for me. i think mcD would rather have a vet, but his number 1 target just said he's retiring...again and i don't see rodgers doing anything except going to nashville or retiring. 

jets won't be going the draft route again. they'll chase after the best vet they can find this time around. probably jimmy G.

ravens will probably tag jackson.

i don't know...i just don't think there will be a huge number of teams trying to jump up ahead of us. we won't need to trade up to the first or really even the third spot. just trade with seattle or detroit and we'll be alright.

I agree with this, I do wonder if this Brady news is going to push the Raiders into the trade up discussion even harder though. Do they just let us jump them it will be interesting.

i've got this feeling that the colts will actually trade up into the first spot and take levis. not because levis is that good....this is the team that is going to be giving the full time coaching gig to jeff saturday.

irsay is calling the shots in between shots and snorts. be ready for anything. 

• Pie 1