• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

54 minutes ago, frankw said:

Obviously referring to if we get antsy and try to trade for him. I'm hopeful Fitterer has learned his lesson. He knows this is his last chance to get QB right. Can't do anything foolish though. This would fall under that.

No one is trading for him. Period.

Everyone in the NFL knows he is getting cut.

3 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Tricky draft.  Feels like we need to take BPA to me.  None of the QBs in this draft are year one starters.  Corral sat for a year... if he kept his head in the game and in his books then maybe he can impress in camp?  

I think Young and Stroud are likely year one starters. Definitely Young.

Levis COULD be, although I have a lot of doubts. Richardson would be shocking if he is starting in three seasons. He basically has to finish learning how to play QB.

10 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Posters on here want to find the next Cam so badly. It ain’t this dude. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Young and Stroud are likely year one starters. Definitely Young.

Levis COULD be, although I have a lot of doubts. Richardson would be shocking if he is starting in three seasons. He basically has to finish learning how to play QB.

Anyone CAN start year one.  They'll suck, but they can.  The risk you take is destroying their confidence as rookies.  Sometimes rookies that have a bumpy start recover and do well, like Josh Allen.  Sometimes, you end up with Zach Wilson instead.

Just now, DeAngelo Beason said:

Anyone CAN start year one.  They'll suck, but they can.  The risk you take is destroying their confidence as rookies.  Sometimes rookies that have a bumpy start recover and do well, like Josh Allen.  Sometimes, you end up with Zach Wilson instead.

Honestly, if you have to keep a guy on the bench for more than a season so he learns the position, he wasn't worth a top 10 pick. You need to be able to step in and learn on the field. That is your best learning experience anyway. 

In the NFL you either figure it out or you don't. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, if you have to keep a guy on the bench for more than a season so he learns the position, he wasn't worth a top 10 pick. You need to be able to step in and learn on the field. That is your best learning experience anyway. 

Which is why I don't think there's going to be a mad dash for QBs. Probably only Young and Stroud go in the top 10, unless some team foolishly falls in love with Levis (looking at you Jim Irsay).

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You making this personal.

My idea is to trade up for Stroud or Young. If we stay at #9 im fine with taking Levis or AR.

But I been against a trading or signing another castoff vet QB from another team. Carr is a horrible idea and it will lead us nowhere as a team. We need a franchise QB point blank.

Carr is not that and never has been. Signing him would be committing the same mistakes we have done for the past 3 years. Then you suggest giving him 30 mil a year. Like come on bro that's why I gave you poo for your posts.

You really want to compare Carr to Darnold, Mayfield, and Bridgewater? I’m not saying he’s Aaron Rodgers but you are delusional. I’m even willing to bet none of the QBs in this draft have the career he has had. This is a weak QB draft and a lot of you are just QB hungry. 

A39C8CB4-82FD-4B34-9E9A-F493E7633F92.jpeg

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, travisura said:

Which is why I don't think there's going to be a mad dash for QBs. Probably only Young and Stroud go in the top 10, unless some team foolishly falls in love with Levis (looking at you Jim Irsay).

I also think Levis and Richardson could fall. But, remember, it only takes one dumb team....

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I also think Levis and Richardson could fall. But, remember, it only takes one dumb team....

Yeah I get the same vibes with Richardson as Willis last year. Almost every mock draft predicting him going in the first round, only to fall to round 3. Levis - who knows. I can see a team taking a swing early, and I can see him being a day 2 pick. As long as we're not one of the dumb teams I'm gucci.

13 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Most of the players we speak of as being busts is because they had their opportunity in the NFL and couldn't make it because of x.

Matt Corral is being counted out by these huddle chuckle heads just for that reason(chuckleheadedness) You could give logic doesn't matter the Panthers draft said player they hate and NOW because they are in charge a guy they drafted and are paying paychecks to has absolutely no opportunity to play because, because....ripp said so. That's the garbage take. 

Matt Corral isn't there for his looks or because he smells good, they courted him predraft and moved up to get him.

The real delusion is the Panthers won't play him.

Also, don't forget, EVERY QB got injured by Matt Rhules line early in the season except PJ because they hadn't figured out who was going to start until AFTER training camp. You know, coach by committee.

Corral will get his chance because Fitterer and David Tepper were high on him and THEY want to be correct even more than our own huddle mouth breather Panther/Young Lion haters.

The Golden One

/cdn-cgi/mirage/4a461c400a620705adadacfede51da0d88bcf452a233fb1c4f1a1ba65ecaa5e5/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_02/336156130_Screenshot_20221014-1520352.png.175e13bc4d2cb12cbbe83170e6eae431.png

I had high hopes, but damn man the guy looks overmatched. This pick has Rhule written all over it, it’s a shame but chalk another blunder up for fat Matt…

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Yeah I get the same vibes with Richardson as Willis last year. Almost every mock draft predicting him going in the first round, only to fall to round 3. Levis - who knows. I can see a team taking a swing early, and I can see him being a day 2 pick. As long as we're not one of the dumb teams I'm gucci.

Richardson's ceiling is so insanely high that some FO is going to fall in love. Unless he tanks at the combine and his workouts, he will be taken in the 1st.

I think Levis is going to be a love him or hate him guy. A lot of the anonymous scout quotes seem to indicate he is liked better by the scouting community than the TV bobblehead community. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm not arguing sitting for more than a season.  I'm arguing sitting exactly for one season.