• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest info on staff building

Mr. Scot

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I’ve been very critical of Tepper (like he cares) as of late, but he has nailed this hiring process so far. He reigns in a solid OC, we will have ourselves a great staff. Something we haven’t had in a while, excited to see what Fitt had up his sleeves for FA/draft moves. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Why waste a high pick on an OG? That makes no sense.... its not a position of need nor is it a position you spend high capital on.

Torrance is that good. A great offensive line can mask issues at QB, RB, receiver, and head coach. It's literally your front line of defense of the QB and you're saying it doesn't matter? Do you recall 2015? 

We would have three to four Pro Bowl quality offensive linemen, a 2nd year QB in Corral, Moore, Marshall, Mims, Charbonnet, Frank Reich as the Head Coach, Evers as DC with Eli Ricks, Horn, Burns, Jackson, Haynes, Brown, et. al. 

I get the sentiment you have and normally I'd agree but I saw quite a bit of Torrance at Louisiana and then he just proved himself, and what many already knew, when he transferred to Florida. He's an All-Pro caliber player. 

I think that if you want to amass picks to build out the core talent of the team, you trade down in the first, maybe twice, and take him. Getting multiple Day 2 picks to scoop up the guys that most of you don't know.

Again, I said this is what I'd do. Doesn't mean it's what you want to do. I'm working under the assumption that Reich likes Corral/Darnold coming back and feels we can see what we have while stockpiling young talent. That young talent may not do everything in 2023, so you may just suck enough to get an elite QB next season amd then catapult with the crop of guys I've proposed as well as a Rookie QB. 

But I'm not a GM and none of that's going to happen so Pull your panties out of your ass and calm down.

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I’ve been very critical of Tepper (like he cares) as of late, but he has nailed this hiring process so far. He reigns in a solid OC, we will have ourselves a great staff. Something we haven’t had in a while, excited to see what Fitt had up his sleeves for FA/draft moves. 

My only concern is now we have a personnel issue on defense. We tried switching to an odd man front with Rivera and it didn't go well, which we knew it wouldn't because it was year 1. Tepper reacted by firing Ron and hiring Rhule, switching back to a 4-3 with guys we drafted to run a 3-4. Now three years later we are back to a 3-4 and start the process we should've continued with in 2020 AGAIN. 

So what does that look like in Year 1? Ron Rivera, one of the most respected defensive coaches in the league couldn't pull it off in one year, can this guy? My guess is no. So then does Tepper have the patience?

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

My only concern is now we have a personnel issue on defense. We tried switching to an odd man front with Rivera and it didn't go well, which we knew it wouldn't because it was year 1. Tepper reacted by firing Ron and hiring Rhule, switching back to a 4-3 with guys we drafted to run a 3-4. Now three years later we are back to a 3-4 and start the process we should've continued with in 2020 AGAIN. 

So what does that look like in Year 1? Ron Rivera, one of the most respected defensive coaches in the league couldn't pull it off in one year, can this guy? My guess is no. So then does Tepper have the patience?

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

This is a legitimate concern.  Tepper has hopefully learned a lot about who he should be listening to since firing Ron.

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Can't help but think Evero may find ways to put Chinn back in position to succeed.

Curious to read more about the hire in the coming days.  Great move by the team.

i been reading up and learning, right now I Chinn will be playing lots more NB, but not in the traditional sense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1