• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ProFootballNetwork mock draft

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wilks went .500 with what Rhule left behind.

We hired Frank over Wilks im expecting a playoff appearance. Brady is gone. The NFC South is ours.

What are you guys talking about? Are we expecting a rebuild or something?lol

I don't give 2 shits about making the playoffs in a terrible conference. That's like winning the NIT tournament because you weren't good enough to get into the real one. I want to be competitive in the NFC. So yeah, we're going to need more than just a QB to deal with teams that actually have an offense and can stop the run. 

53 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lets see if he is saying this after the Young/Stroud/Levis pro day. The hype doesn't start for these QB's until after their proday.

The new GM is not going to publicly say he is going to trade Fields that would lower his value. So that comment means nothing.

The new GM shouldn’t lessen the value of his pick by stating outright he’s not drafting one of these guys. But he already went on record and said Fields is the starter come 2023. That about as big of an endorsement as you can get. You aren’t going to find a GM in football ruling out positions he won’t draft because of players he’s got on the roster. That hurts the value of their draft slots. 

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't give 2 shits about making the playoffs in a terrible conference. That's like winning the NIT tournament because you weren't good enough to get into the real one. I want to be competitive in the NFC. So yeah, we're going to need more than just a QB to deal with teams that actually have an offense and can stop the run. 

So you don't want to make the playoffs.

That tells me all I need to know about you.lol

So ignore the QB position and continue to add depth at the other positions. Sounds like another #9 pick next year. 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cool lets just draft a WR and bring Jimmy G in.

Get us another mid rd draft pick and continue the process of passing on QB's because we aren't in position to get one.

Makes sense we been doing it for the past 3 years. The Frank era is going to be a disaster without a young QB. This team is going nowhere with a bridge QB. It's amazing how people are still suggesting vet QB. 

I'm not against drafting a qb. I'm against expecting that qb to be able to start right away. Aside from Young and maybe Stroud, all these guys are going to need a lot of work; especially AR.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

I'm not against drafting a qb. I'm against expecting that qb to be able to start right away. Aside from Young and maybe Stroud, all these guys are going to need a lot of work; especially AR.

That's why we hired a offensive coach!

Develop the young QB!

Why are you keep delaying drafting a QB?

43 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you don't want to make the playoffs.

That tells me all I need to know about you.lol

So ignore the QB position and continue to add depth at the other positions. Sounds like another #9 pick next year. 

I have higher standards than "winning" the NFCS at 7-10 and getting obliterated in the playoffs. But I'm one of those people that thinks a team ought to have a winning record just to get into the playoffs. 

I never said ignore the QB. I said we have more holes to fill than just a QB to be competitive. 

We've been to the SB twice, but this franchise has never been competitive on a regular basis. That's what I want to change. Cheering for a winning team once every 4 years on average just isn't going to cut it for me. 

3 hours ago, Varking said:

The new GM shouldn’t lessen the value of his pick by stating outright he’s not drafting one of these guys. But he already went on record and said Fields is the starter come 2023. That about as big of an endorsement as you can get. You aren’t going to find a GM in football ruling out positions he won’t draft because of players he’s got on the roster. That hurts the value of their draft slots. 

The GM doesn't want to lessen the value of his pick and also doesn't want to lessen the value of Fields as a potential trade asset.  So I'm not sure why you seem to be picking and choosing which of Poles' comments are legitimate and to be taken at face value, when it's all very likely deliberately framed in order to maintain the value of both pieces.  If he was outwardly lukewarm and non-committal about Fields then he's likely harming his trade value.  There's nothing you just said in your post about the #1 draft pick that doesn't also apply to Justin Fields.

9 hours ago, pantherj said:

I don't want us trading up for undersized Young, or potential major flop Will Levis. Stay put if you want Levis especially.

If I was the Panthers G.M., Stroud is the only QB I would trade up for but I would not give up as much as the mock drafts indicated.

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

excellent interview this Scott Bolander is terrific. He basically says Frank Reich will only consider a specific type of QB that fits his system. 

- Will not consider Bryce Young due to stature or Will Levis who's a mix between Mitch Trubisky/Sam Darnold

- C.J. Stroud, Tanner McKee, Hendon Hooker in that order would fit under Reich's offensive scheme 

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I have higher standards than "winning" the NFCS at 7-10 and getting obliterated in the playoffs. But I'm one of those people that thinks a team ought to have a winning record just to get into the playoffs. 

I never said ignore the QB. I said we have more holes to fill than just a QB to be competitive. 

We've been to the SB twice, but this franchise has never been competitive on a regular basis. That's what I want to change. Cheering for a winning team once every 4 years on average just isn't going to cut it for me. 

In order to be competitive you need a franchise QB.

The only way to get a franchise QB is either draft one or trade for that becomes available. 

Im not understanding your point because we will never contend without a QB. It's amazing you don't understand that.

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro we are a rookie QB away from being competitive. We damn near made the playoffs with Sam Darnold.

Our rosters is one of the better rosters in the NFC. Our problem is QB! At some point you have to draft your franchise QB. You can't keep playing musical chairs with vet QB's every year.

Why do you keep delaying our obvious weakness of QB?

Your words. We only need a rookie QB and we are instantly a legit threat to win the NFC every year. I don't think we're that close. The teams we beat were terrible against the run. The ones that beat us weren't. We made Mitch Trubisky look like a franchise QB FFS. Any decent passing offense took the top off on our D. 

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

In order to be competitive you need a franchise QB.

The only way to get a franchise QB is either draft one or trade for that becomes available. 

Im not understanding your point because we will never contend without a QB. It's amazing you don't understand that.

I understand you need a QB to be competitive. You also need an offensive line, offensive weapons, and a defense. We aren't as complete as you are making this team out to be. This team has holes, one of which is QB. And I hate to break it to you, a rookie QB isn't going to come in here and take this team to a Super Bowl or NFCS. 

We can take a shot on trading up and going after a QB. Doing so will cost us dearly. I don't want to see us give up 3 1st and 3 2nds, because I think that's what it's going to take to get to 1. If we can trade firsts and give up a possible 24 first to move up for a QB, fine. But mortgaging the next 3 years when we are not a playoff, much less over 500, team is a very Hurney thing to do, and I've already had enough of that poo. Twice. 

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

The GM doesn't want to lessen the value of his pick and also doesn't want to lessen the value of Fields as a potential trade asset.  So I'm not sure why you seem to be picking and choosing which of Poles' comments are legitimate and to be taken at face value, when it's all very likely deliberately framed in order to maintain the value of both pieces.  If he was outwardly lukewarm and non-committal about Fields then he's likely harming his trade value.  There's nothing you just said in your post about the #1 draft pick that doesn't also apply to Justin Fields.

He didn’t just say we like Justin he said he’s our starting QB next year. He could have answered that very differently and still not lowered his value. You’re lying to yourself if you think the Bears are going to select a QB first overall here.