• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hire Josh McCown as QB coach

TheSpecialJuan

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

How much of that is the offensive scheme's fault? 

We’re throwing a lot of blame around now. QBs and scheme. I agree he’s had an uphill battle in that regard, but I also saw Shenault flash in one year about as much as DJ since we drafted him. He’s a good wideout. I just think he’s a strong #2 option for a contending team. 

3 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

We’re throwing a lot of blame around now. QBs and scheme. I agree he’s had an uphill battle in that regard, but I also saw Shenault flash in one year about as much as DJ since we drafted him. He’s a good wideout. I just think he’s a strong #2 option for a contending team. 

That's fine. I vehemently disagree, but your opinion is shared among most Huddlers. Saints, Falcons and Bucs fans absolutely have more respect for Burns, Moore, etc., than Panthers fans, and that's OK. It's far from anything new. 

As far as Shenault flashing in one year as much as DJ has since 2018, that's easily the worst, least-informed opinion in this thread. Shenault had fewer than 300 receiving yards, one touchdown and averaged more than 4 fewer yards per reception than Moore this season. 

That's identical to saying PJ Walker showed as many flashes in 2020 as Cam Newton did in 2011. 

58 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Shenault is a good football player.  Not sure how good of a WR he is. 

I mean, he was schemed up for some YAC plays and did that.    Almost all his yardage was off that. 

You wouldn't want to put him as your #1 or #2 on the outside based on what we have seen and go into season like that.   

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, razorwolf said:

JMO

Id be willing to give up for the right QB (which I think is CJ Stroud) 2023: 1st round and (1) of our 2nd round; 2024: 1st round, (mid round to late round), maybe include a conditional pick!

this is just my ideal!

What I was getting at is I wouldn’t give up more than (2) 1st round picks, (1) of the 2nd round picks this year, some other picks but not the farm, and maybe a player but rather not!

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, he was schemed up for some YAC plays and did that.    Almost all his yardage was off that. 

You wouldn't want to put him as your #1 or #2 on the outside based on what we have seen and go into season like that.   

I keep seeing comments about DJ as a wide receiver, but he had 1000 yd seasons with teddy bridgewater and the rotational QB year. Last season was the first year he didn’t reach 1000 yds since his rookie year!

21 hours ago, CRA said:

I think the jury is still out to some degree.  It’s improving.  

It feasted on some bad run defenses. Which is still something  Especially minus CMC..   And then vs some good run defenses we could barely rush for 50 yards on the day repeatedly.   

was very Jekyll and Hyde in terms of our run game.  Awesome or they couldn’t get the job done.  

or maybe that’s a sign that Foreman isn’t good enough vs a good run D.  Who knows. 

I agree. Still in the NFL and couple allowed 200+ rushing yards different times, its impressive no matter. 

Would you agree the OL improved over 2021 or any of of the last 4 or so years?

Plus you got to forecast how different it will be with frank and his marry men of coaches compared to Rhule and his ???? crew. 

While Im not pleased with the starting TEs, the depth is good. 

Reaching hard and all......I feel this draft will have a weapon theme. With legit NFL coaches, it should make a bigger difference. 

Lots of young talent could still improve under franks guidance- chuba, smith, TMJ, Shenault, sullivan, ricci, blackshear, etc. 

Edited by Basbear

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Hell, if he had Darnold and PJ Walker all 17 games, he'd have gotten there.

When we get the right QB in here I firmly believe DJ is going to be the stud we have hoped for and silence the doubters. But he is not without his faults. He's going to have to be more consistent with his effort and be willing to take things to the next level. He's a laid back easy going guy but sometimes he's a little too chill. I think we could see him break from his shell more with a more vocal and confident starting quarterback.

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

That's fine. I vehemently disagree, but your opinion is shared among most Huddlers. Saints, Falcons and Bucs fans absolutely have more respect for Burns, Moore, etc., than Panthers fans, and that's OK. It's far from anything new. 

As far as Shenault flashing in one year as much as DJ has since 2018, that's easily the worst, least-informed opinion in this thread. Shenault had fewer than 300 receiving yards, one touchdown and averaged more than 4 fewer yards per reception than Moore this season. 

That's identical to saying PJ Walker showed as many flashes in 2020 as Cam Newton did in 2011. 

I don’t do the uninformed posting thing. 

Shenault put up 36% of DJ’s total rushing and receiving yards in 2022 despite only getting 27% of the snaps DJ played. He’s a playmaker. 

I also posted recently that Shenault led the league in yards after catch per reception. That was my argument for moving him to RB since most of the league leaders in that category are the best RBs in the game. He’s 6’1, ~230lb and we’re looking for a RB. We should use a playmaker like him more often. At least give it a shot. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, CRA said:

Agree. I want to see him at RB more. He should be used similar to Deebo.