• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yet you said you knew what Carr was thinking. It's pretty obvious that you actually don't.

As far as the Jets, you said you don't think they like Carr that much, but...

They're exploring their options, and Carr is one of them.

You say you prefer to listen to people that know more, and yet you make statements contradicting those people.

Again, who's the know-it-all? 🤔

First off I never said I knew what Carr was thinking. Are you daft? I said in a sense Carr is being subjected to what other teams are thinking, specifically in this case the Jets. So that's a damn strawman if I've ever seem it. Either that, or you don't understand the art of language. Stop spreading lies, Scot. You're full of poo!

Secondly, believe Bill Plaschke all you want. Some Raiders fans don't even like him. You know who they do like? Honddo. I am not going to let you get away with trying to impugn Hondo's report or defile his reputation. Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean poo. But you believe what you want to. Not only did Hondo says it's bullshit, but Ian Rappaport did as well. Funny how you keep ignoring who is probably the premiere NFL insider.

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/author/hondo-s-carpenter-sr

Edited by top dawg
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yes.lol

You got fired for a reason. Be great at your job and you will keep it.

You Carr stans trying to make him out to be elite. In reality he is a middle of the pack QB. It's why he's now looking for another team. Yeah he is a upgrade over Darnold, Mayfield, Bridgewater... but he's also just like them not a franchise QB. His record speaks for itself.

Im sorry but he hasn't won a single playoff game in his entire 9 year career. Elite he 

Reich

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Meh.  He is owed 60 million this year and will cost a first round pick and may only play 1 more year.  What’s the point?

Well, with just average QB play (at least the average NFL scoring last season which I believe was 21 points), the Jets would have have been 12-5 as opposed to 7-10. But, to make a long story short, the Jets have a talented team on both sides of the ball, and they're only lacking a QB. That's the belief by many. 

I'd say that he probably has 2 good years left (maybe more). Remember that he played hurt last season, but he can still sling the rock.

The tweet was more directed toward Scot's bullshit (if you missed it).

Edited by top dawg

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Meh.  He is owed 60 million this year and will cost a first round pick and may only play 1 more year.  What’s the point?

I believe his contract has options for new teams to convert a large % of that salary to bonus so he wouldn’t necessarily be a pain to fit in this year if you added a few years on to the deal with void years, but if he retires after a season then it would be crippling.  It’s an interesting structure I think it was over the cap that did a nice breakdown.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

First off I never said I knew what Carr was thinking. Are you daft? I said in a sense Carr is being subjected to what other teams are thinking, specifically in this case the Jets. So that's a damn strawman if I've ever seem it. Either that, or you don't understand the art of language. Stop spreading lies, Scot. You're full of poo!

Secondly, believe Bill Plaschke all you want. Some Raiders fans don't even like him. You know who they do like? Honddo. I am not going to let you get away with trying to impugn Hondo's report or defile his reputation. Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean poo. But you believe what you want to. Not only did Hondo says it's bullshit, but Ian Rappaport did as well. Funny how you keep ignoring who is probably the premiere NFL insider.

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/author/hondo-s-carpenter-sr

Your words...

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

If you offer a QB an I-want-you-right-now type of contract, they're going to take it.

The facts...

Your words...

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

Smart teams aren't going to sign Carr right away unless he comes really cheap (which he likely ain't trying to hear). 

Your other words...

First, he tried to insinuate that I said that the Jets had no interest, then he said I said what Carr is thinking. Two lies. 

Right 😄

Also, the facts...the Saints were willing to talk trade.

Again, your words...

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

I didn't say they weren't interested in him, Sherlock. They're more interested to see if Rodgers or Jackson will actually be options. Duh!

But you aren't claiming to know what a front office is gonna do...sure 🙄

And lastly, your words...

Don't bring none if you don't want none! 

Yeah 😆

See you on the playground after recess, dude 😁

I'd also add I'm glad Hondo from Raider Nation has you to defend his honor.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your words...

The facts...

Your words...

Your other words...

Right 😄

Also, the facts...the Saints were willing to talk trade.

Again, your words...

But you aren't claiming to know what a front office is gonna do...sure 🙄

And lastly, your words...

Yeah 😆

See you on the playground after recess, dude 😁

I'd also add I'm glad Hondo from Raider Nation has you to defend his honor.

You're a mental midget, and a liar.  I'm not playing your games anymore. You got the L, and everyone knows it.

• Flames 1