• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

About the same, 1/4 this past season:  Hurts-2nd, Geno Smith-2nd, Jimmy G.-2nd/Purdy 7th, Carr-2nd, Wilson-3rd, Dak-4th, Cousins-4th and Brady-6th.

No it’s not.. You’re not doing the same equation and you know it.. 

Do the same thing you did to call one draft year was a “unicorn” 1st round QB and find all the unicorn years for 3 rd to 7th round QB..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

No it’s not what math are you using??

Are you even doing the equations right??

Just like you want to claim all the hits and misses of 1st round QBs do the same thing with other QB situation..

Again

whats the hit rate on a 45 year old QBs leading there teams to the playoffs..

“What is the hit and misses rate on QBs picked after round 1..

What is the hit rate on  a 8 year vet finally figuring out how to play QB??

Do the same thing you do to discredit drafting a QB in the 1st round for all these situations…

I can pull this data but all you’re going to do is poo out some random stat and throw it at the wall to try to make it stick after I wasted 3 hours of my life doing it. 

We aren’t talking about 45 year old QBs with this team, we are talking about the success rate of not only taking a 1st round QB but trading up for one, which you are wanting to do.

The mere argument of compiling all the data of everyone who is not a 1st round QB is pointless. Because the argument here is investing a 1st round pick into a QB not a 4th rounder or signing a veteran. The risk of lost capital is much greater. 

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

The people banging the "next year" drum are just shell-shocked. And then next year rolls around they'll start to hem and haw about how that years class isn't actually all that good. Drake Maye is the flavor of the month just like Sam Howell was way back when his hype was at an all time high and people had him going first overall.

Every. Damn. Year.

Already been debunked unless two drafts qualifies as "every. damn. year." Missed our opportunity in 2020.  2021 Lawrence was the guy and the Jags wasn't giving up the #1 for him.  You had to be brain dead to draft a QB in the top 10 last year.  EVERYONE should have said wait and rightfully so.  So no, it's not every. damn. year.  Before the 2020 draft we had this dude named Cam Newton at QB, possibly heard of him?  Good reason to pass drafting a QB every. damn. year. while he was here.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

We aren't solving the QB dilemma in trades or free agency. You swing when you get the chance. Reich didn't put this staff together to waste a season waiting on a QB next year. That's not how you run a franchise.

Exactly that’s why the Jets and Browns are QB powerhouses. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

We aren't solving the QB dilemma in trades or free agency. You swing when you get the chance. Reich didn't put this staff together to waste a season waiting on a QB next year. That's not how you run a franchise.

“Swing when you get the chance”

Browns 1st round QBs:

Baker Mayfield, Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, Tim Couch, Johnny Manzel

Jets 1st round QBs:

Pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and Wilson

Yeah let me get some of that!

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No it’s not.. You’re not doing the same equation and you know it.. 

Do the same thing you did to call one draft year was a “unicorn” 1st round QB and find all the unicorn years for 3 rd to 7th round QB..

You moved the goalposts (in bold), not me.  So if we are moving goalposts--2014 for the win! Thank you and good night!!!

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

Browns 1st round QBs:

Jets 1st round QBs:

The Browns got so tired of swinging and missing they went out and gave a pervy-molester the richest QB contract in NFL history, lol!!!!

7 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I can pull this data but all you’re going to do is poo out some random stat and throw it at the wall to try to make it stick after I wasted 3 hours of my life doing it. 

We aren’t talking about 45 year old QBs with this team, we are talking about the success rate of not only taking a 1st round QB but trading up for one, which you are wanting to do.

The mere argument of compiling all the data of everyone who is not a 1st round QB is pointless. Because the argument here is investing a 1st round pick into a QB not a 4th rounder or signing a veteran. The risk of lost capital is much greater. 

There is not a data point in the world you can bring that Qb success rate in any other round are better then 1st..

There is no a data spread sheet you can show That 45 years old QBs have a better hit rate then 1st round drafted QB’s .. Because there has only been 1..

so what is your opinion??

Do you want to be the team stuck having to pay Dak and Cousins and never being in range to draft a QB ..

Do you want to keep digging for the retread vet QB and hope they become Geno after 8 years into there career..

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Already been debunked unless two drafts qualifies as "every. damn. year." Missed our opportunity in 2020.  2021 Lawrence was the guy and the Jags wasn't giving up the #1 for him.  You had to be brain dead to draft a QB in the top 10 last year.  EVERYONE should have said wait and rightfully so.  So no, it's not every. damn. year.  Before the 2020 draft we had this dude named Cam Newton at QB, possibly heard of him?  Good reason to pass drafting a QB every. damn. year. while he was here.

Cam was done by late 2018. We've had our opportunities but folks reveled in their Kyle Allen win streak in 2019 and rejoiced when we won meaningless games with Teddy Bridgewater in 2020 and with Sam Darnold in '21 and '22. But it's too late now. You guys can clutch your wallet all you want and tell yourselves we'll end up like the Jets or the Browns but you don't know any more than me or the next guy. And speaking of the Jets and Browns. We've been relegated to trading for their sloppy seconds (hi Sam hi Baker)  because we've been scared to draft a quarterback.

• Flames 3

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Browns 1st round QBs:

Jets 1st round QBs:

That’s 2 teams now name the teams that won waiting till next year to get there QB every year??

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You moved the goalposts (in bold), not me.  So if we are moving goalposts--2014 for the win! Thank you and good night!!!

No I didn’t I’m playing the with the same Goal post you are.. You’re the one trying to change the game..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That’s 2 teams now name the teams that won waiting till next year to get there QB every year??

Do you even understand how off seasons work? Do you realize the volume of NFL teams that have QBs under contract and the turnover of such?

if I pointed out 16 teams you would be like “well that’s only half the league show me the other half”.

You’re thought process is like late 2000s Al Davis with dementia. 

So Mahomes one the SB this year, before that was Stafford a FA, Brady a FA (who was also a 6th round pick). 

10 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Browns 1st round QBs:

Jets 1st round QBs:

You're so scared you don't even realize what you're arguing for now. You're way beyond "next year". Now by your logic no team should ever draft QB in the first round again because they could *gasp* miss. I'll be here giddy as a MFer if and when we draft a QB and ya'll can sit and be mad if you want 🫡

• Flames 1