• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young might not be able to see over the offensive lineman’s hip pads.

electro's horse

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

As amazing as Frank Gore and Edgerrin James were (two Hall of Famers), Willis McGahee was the most freakish of the bunch.

That knee injury was a literal career ender for someone less athletic - how he managed to have a successful NFL career after that I'll never know. 

Joe Theisman’s injury on MNF.  I swear you could hear the bone snap through the TV.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

LOL

Is this a serious comment?

There is a "long history of very successful sub 6 foot QBs"?!?!??!

Frank Tarkenton, Theismann, Brees, and Vick were all 6 foot, Wilson is 5'11", and then there is Kyler.

You're not going to find many/any other good QB's who were that short, there being a small handful of them over the 50+ year history of the NFL is literally the exact opposite of a "long history of very successful sub 6 foot QBs"

Especially when you take into account all the great college QB's who were that short but couldn't become elite QB's in the NFL, the odds are extremely stacked against Young ever being an elite QB.

People keep pointing to guys like Brees and using him as an example of why Young can/will be successful.  Which while it's fair to use him as an example of a short QB who was great, but c'mon now, every draft there are QBs who are tall and don't live up to their pre-draft expectations.

To try and say Young can be good because of ONE player who was great and his size, is just a fools errand.  That's the equivalent of saying the chances of Young being great is 1 in however many QB's have been drafted in the last 20 years, which is not very good.

I’m showing my age here but, Sonny Jorgensen was 5’-11” and could make every throw on the field.

I got young off my list, but this is a fact in his defense. 

When you put shoulder pads and huge helmets on 6'2-6'6 men, no one can see over them.......unless there happens to be a 7'2.25 QB.......

Still pictures that show young around others, the women even look bigger.

I dont care what cattle growth HGH hes on now, if he shows up to combine and you see him next to the other QBs......You will be asking whos the moon face ball boy??

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1