• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'd prefer not to have to bring in a high priced vet or give up multiple high draft picks on a player that could just as likely turn out to be a bust as an answer at QB.  Unfortunately, the team's options are limited considering our current situation at QB.

Good news is, Tepper has pulled out all the stops and brought in a highly respected group of coaches.  So, I won't be losing too much sleep over what transpires at QB in the coming months.  Frank and Friends are here now and paid the big bucks to figure this stuff out for us. 

For all our sakes, may they choose wisely.

No matter what we do, we'll have a loud contingent proclaiming the genius of the move and celebrating our soon to come dynasty and we'll have another loud contingent decrying it as the worst move in franchise history and talking about going all in for Maye or Williams next year after this whole experiment crashes and burns. That's the one thing I'm absolutely certain about.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No matter what we do, we'll have a loud contingent proclaiming the genius of the move and celebrating our soon to come dynasty and we'll have another loud contingent decrying it as the worst move in franchise history and talking about going all in for Maye or Williams next year after this whole experiment crashes and burns.

Yeah, ain't it great?

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro I literally said he is good QB aka middle tier QB.

Im not about to call him elite when he has 1 playoff appearance in 9 years. You can call him elite but im not doing that. I judge QB's differently than any other position.

Is being a "good" QB a shot at Derek Carr?

34 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This team will win because of the team around him and the weak division.

That's not calling him a good QB. That's calling him poo. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. 

He's led the league in comebacks and game winning drives for 8 years. That's an elite stat. 

Has he only been to the playoffs once because he didn't get it done as a QB, or could it be because the defense or coaches repeatedly failed him? Cam only went to the playoffs 3 times in his career and never had back to back winning seasons as a QB. Does that make him just a good QB? Situation matters when you're talking about QBs. 

I'm not calling Carr elite. He has some elite traits. Whether those traits are desired here remains to be seen. 

I want to build through the draft. But I also have to be open to the fact that we may not be able to get the QB we want in the draft or FA and may have to take a different approach. 

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'd prefer not to have to bring in a high priced vet or give up multiple high draft picks on a player that could just as likely turn out to be a bust as an answer at QB.  Unfortunately, the team's options are limited considering our current situation at QB.

Good news is, Tepper has pulled out all the stops and brought in a highly respected group of coaches.  So, I won't be losing too much sleep over what transpires at QB in the coming months.  Frank and Friends are here now and paid the big bucks to figure this stuff out for us. 

For all our sakes, may they choose wisely.

Draft, trade, sign or develop.

Trade market has= Love, Zack Wilson, Trey lance, etc.

Sign= minshew, white, Brissett

Draft= ar, levis, stroud

develop= eason, carrol

All those options should come "cheap" in NFL terms. So even against the cap wall, panthers have plenty of options. Everyone there also has plenty of talent and other teams invested lots in them(minus corral who the panthers traded a future 3rd along with drafting him in the 3rd). 

I mean frank and his marry men were mainly bought here to solve the since 2018 QB problem, theres valuable inexpensive options above.  Lets see if they get this right....

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's led the league in comebacks and game winning drives for 8 years. That's an elite stat. 

Has he only been to the playoffs once because he didn't get it done as a QB, or could it be because the defense or coaches repeatedly failed him?

You might want to take a peek under the hood if you're going to go to bat for him and blame coaches or defense. He's played in 142 games in his career and through those he's amassed 179 combined interceptions and fumbles.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You might want to take a peek under the hood if you're going to go to bat for him and blame coaches or defense. He's played in 142 games in his career and through those he's amassed 179 combined interceptions and fumbles.

I'm not saying he doesn't hold a share of the blame. I'm saying to look at him and say he's why the Raiders only went to the playoffs once in 9 years is a very narrow minded way of looking at things. You have to look at the overall picture, not just playoff appearances. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's not calling him a good QB. That's calling him poo. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. 

Has he only been to the playoffs once because he didn't get it done as a QB, or could it be because the defense or coaches repeatedly failed him? Cam only went to the playoffs 3 times in his career and never had back to back winning seasons as a QB. Does that make him just a good QB? Situation matters when you're talking about QBs. 

I'm not calling Carr elite. He has some elite traits. Whether those traits are desired here remains to be seen. 

I want to build through the draft. But I also have to be open to the fact that we may not be able to get the QB we want in the draft or FA and may have to take a different approach. 

He's good enough to win a SB with a loaded roster.

The reason I don't want him is because our roster isn't loaded. We will be a middle of the pack team with Carr as he can't carry a team on his shoulders like the true franchise QB's can. He's a mid tier QB.

If you're not saying he is elite than there is nothing we should be debating. We agree.

14 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not saying he doesn't hold a share of the blame. I'm saying to look at him and say he's why the Raiders only went to the playoffs once in 9 years is a very narrow minded way of looking at things. You have to look at the overall picture, not just playoff appearances. 

We should all be able to recognize that QBs play a different sort of game, taking less risks, when they have a defense that is capable of holding a lead.  The record is clear, Carr has had horrible defenses his entire NFL career.

Posters who are unwilling to concede this point to Carr aren't willing to have an honest discussion.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Bro Lamar Jackson has had no weapons for years in Baltimore besides a TE. He still gives you 10 wins a year with not much help. Burrow took a bad franchise around and got them to a SB his 2nd year in the league. Burrow still has a bad Oline.lol

There is a difference between elite and mid tier QB's. You making excuses for Carr because he can't make up for the roster around him. You don't make these excuses for the elite QB's because they can carry a weak roster to the playoffs consistently. 

Nobody is saying Carr is bad. We just saying he is not elite. You add a mid tier QB to a roster that isn't elite and you will get a team that won't get very far in the playoffs.

If Carr goes to the 49ers they probably the favorites to win the NFC. Carr in Carolina we are a playoff team but nothing much more than that.

What do you disagree with?

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

We should all be able to recognize that QBs play a different sort of game, taking less risks, when they have a defense that is capable of holding a lead.  The record is clear, Carr has had horrible defenses his entire NFL career.

Posters who are unwilling to concede this point to Carr aren't willing to have an honest discussion.

What exactly do you want people to say about Carr?

I've said numerous times he's a good QB. You making excues for a QB that needs help around him to win.

Lamar Jackson has had the least weapons of any QB in the NFL. He still gets that team to the playoffs every year.

Burrow took a bad franchise and turned them into SB contenders overnight.

Trevor Lawrence same thing.

See the difference in the QB's. Nobody makes excuses when you have that legit franchise QB. Doesn't matter the team around them they just win games.

Carr just isn't on that level which is why he needs a "defense" as you said.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I've said numerous times he's a good QB. You making excues for a QB that needs help around him to win.

Lamar Jackson has had the least weapons of any QB in the NFL. He still gets that team to the playoffs every year.

See the difference in the QB's. Nobody makes excuses when you have that legit franchise QB. Doesn't matter the team around them they just win games.

Oy 🙄

Kid,there's not a QB in the league that doesn't need a solid team around him.

Superman is a myth.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Woosh!  My comment about horrible defense seems to have gone right over your head.

The QBs on your list, ALL benefitted from having better defenses than what Carr has had for his entire career.