• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have our coaches. What schemes will we run?

Cam's New Arm

Just now, Cam's New Arm said:

Come on, Mr. Scot. Assume we hire the OC that's speculated and then we have everyone but special teams, right? What are we missing? lol

We did hire the OC.

We're still missing WR, TE and Strength and Conditioning coaches, plus any additional staff they might add.

So yeah, not quite full...but close.

The major spots are filled, at least.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We did hire the OC.

We're still missing WR, TE and Strength and Conditioning coaches, plus any additional staff they might add.

So yeah, not quite full...but close.

The major spots are filled, at least.

well then, wtf are we talking about here, Mike? Do wr coaches really change the scheme much?
I'm being hard on you because I know you, of all posters, would have a good ability to extrapolate out on this topic.

2 minutes ago, Cam's New Arm said:

well then, wtf are we talking about here, Mike? Do wr coaches really change the scheme much?
I'm being hard on you because I know you, of all posters, would have a good ability to extrapolate out on this topic.

I get it 😄

All indications are we're gonna be running a 4-3 defense, but as was noted elsewhere there's a mix of styles on the offensive side.

(I'll see if I can find the tweet)

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Cam's New Arm said:

Thank you for using your imagination today.
Who do you want in the draft? Who do you think would best suit Frank's past team schemes with the O-line and players we have? What about defense? We pretty much have all of the D coordinators.

Asking the wrong person im not a football nerd I don't study coaches and their schemes.

Just give me Stroud or Young. Fallback is Levis/AR. I don't care just no more bridge QB's please!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Who cares? These cats can run anything they want to run. Hell they can make up something you've never seen before.  Don't sweat the small stuff. 

Exactly dude act like we coaching lol. I don't follow these coaches to know what schemes they run. Let them figure that out.

• Beer 1

Pretty sure they're smart enough to play to their strengths. Running game with Duce should be solid. Reich will adapt the passing game to whatever QB we get, he adjusted from Luck to Brissett to Rivers to Wentz, all slightly different styles. Wentz folded under pressure eventually, and at the end Matt Ryan is probably just cooked