• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Brown - A Closer Look (via The Athletic)

Bear Hands

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Having Evero and Brown scheming at each other during practice will only make them better too. Very excited about this staff!

Right?

Evero w/Dom vs. Brown w/Caldwell & Staley

We not only we got both of them, but they know each other from peak McVay Rams. 

I can see their weekly dynamic & practices hitting right off the bat and is really fascinating.  The concepts both are bringing are the top trending and at league forefront right now.  

You've got aspects of LAR (the non-QB depleted version), Detroit & Philly on offense

Shades of Fangio on defense. 

If we can find a QB to carry this with just a few more weapons, this could be fun.   

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Right?

Evero w/Dom vs. Brown w/Caldwell & Staley

We not only we got both of them, but they know each other from peak McVay Rams. 

I can see their weekly dynamic & practices hitting right off the bat and is really fascinating.  The concepts both are bringing are the top trending and at league forefront right now.  

You've got aspects of LAR (the non-QB depleted version), Detroit & Philly on offense

Shades of Fangio on defense. 

If we can find a QB to carry this with just a few more weapons, this could be fun.   

It sure is one hell of a better start than with that other guy that I refuse to call by name. 

• Pie 6

22 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

LOVE the part about out matching the defense from a physical standpoint.  "Kill the defense" sounds like a fun philosophy.  

Interesting that she compares his philosophy closer to what the 49ers are doing currently vs the Rams. Makes total sense for us having a good run game but needing to get more aggressive/creative in the pass game. 

• Pie 1

The cool thing as well is this staff seems to derive from a few great modern NFL units:

Harbaugh/Fangio's early 2010's Niners (NFC Champs, lost SB)

Sean McVay/Staley/O'Connell Rams (multiple NFC Champs, lost & won SBs)

and of course the Pederson/Reich/Schwartz Eagles (Won SB)

These guys have quality history, this by all means should be a quality team.  Hard to believe these guys can't coach up the team we already have.  Doesn't factor in who we will even bring in at QB yet.  Exciting stuff.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

Just now, Khyber53 said:

Makes me wonder what he'd give to have CMC back... or does he prefer a more smash-mouth type runner?

I would personally love to get our future at running back for the next 4-5 years in this draft.  That's all the years I'd expect with modern RB shelf life, but it seems like a prudent add.    

Foreman played admirably so don't mind re-signing, but Kendre Miller would fit the bill a lot in that respect.

But also think about the complimentary role, you want to game breaker.  A guy like Tyjae Spears, Devon Achane, or Israel Abanikanda would perfectly compliment Foreman.  

This RB class is STACKED.  

• Pie 2