• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic names the top coaching hires for this cycle

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, Brady might still have an NFL future if he works his way up.

My major issue with Brady was, he had no experience with in-game adjustments.  Once a DC figured out his game plan Brady did nothing to counter.   At LSU they were a great team and rarely played from behind so the play callng was easy.  When he came to the NFL things were different and he was lost.

I also believe the Rhule time frame will be a black eye for him for several years. But eventually with some real NFL experience he might end up being a pretty decent OC.  I don't believe his window is closed just yet. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Posted in the coaching thread also...

At the same time, let's not forget that Hurney attempted to give away the Panthers future #1 draft pick in order to move up for Clausen.  Fortunately, there were no takers and Hurney still got Clausen.  Had Marty had his way, the Panthers wouldn't have owned the pick that got them Cam.  What a heart breaker that draft night would have been!

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If only Rhule had been qualified to be an NFL head coach, then he could have mentored Brady.  As it was, Brady was on an island by himself, doomed to fail and ultimately be made a scapegoat for Rhule's ineptitude. 

Not to mention fired after working the bye week while Matt Rhule took a vacation. Matt Rhule can suck a whole bag of dicks. I wish him nothing but abject failure in his future coaching endeavors.

• Beer 3