• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt indicates the Panthers should bring in Carr

TheMaulClaw

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If we offer a first round pick for a 39 year old QB, just fold the fuging franchise. 

Better than signing Carr for 3 years 100mil to be a bridge.lol

Why are people turning down legit franchise QB's like Rodgers/Lamar but saying Carr is the better option like what?

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

He should be cheaper than Carr, he's thrown for 169 less TDs and 24,872 less yards than Derek. 

Was gauging his potential, not rewarding past performance on other teams. Did you compare their turnovers, or did we cherry pick a bit?

NFL on CBS - The AAV of Derek Carr's extension is $40.5M ...

Derek Carr 179 career turnovers  in 142 games at an average of 1.26 turnovers per game

Jacoby Brissett 53 career turnovers in 76 games at an average of 0.697 turnovers per game

I mean, yeah, he has been given a long leash, if that was your point.

And you must factor in the player you could add to the roster with the $15m you save--there are many ways to look at it.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I'd rather not have Brissett under any circumstances - I don't see the point. 

Carr gives you a quality starting option for 3 years while you find 'the guy'. Brissett just clogs up the roster. 

Please no, I dont want to watch 3 years of derek carr mediocre 9-7 football. 

Sign a FA to a one year deal, DRAFT A fuging REAL QB, stop doing dumb poo. 

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Better than signing Carr for 3 years 100mil to be a bridge.lol

Why are people turning down legit franchise QB's like Rodgers/Lamar but saying Carr is the better option like what?

Rodgers is old and ready to retire, fug him.

Lamar is too big of an injury risk to throw multiple 1st round picks at. + he wants a huge fully guaranteed contract. 

Carr is also garbage, let another team sign him to a stupid deal.

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

If they were surely done with him, they'd have likely said so by now. Plus, who's bluffing, and about what? He's had them on a string for years, and that continues as of right now.

https://madison.com/sports/football/professional/aaron-rodgers-is-still-with-the-packers-after-his-darkness-retreat-here-is-where-things/article_48e8906a-4e92-5a63-a74f-f5342fe0c2a7.html

By the way, this article still lists the Panthers as a possibility (though I'd still doubt that he'd come here).

Carolina Panthers: Despite reports the Packers would like to send Rodgers to the AFC if they did end up trading him, the Panthers are a darkhorse good fit for him. Not only is another of his favorite people, ex-Packers offensive line coach James Campen, on the staff in Carolina, but new coach Frank Reich played the quarterback position and has assembled an impressive staff that includes ex-Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers.

The Panthers aren’t in great cap shape (over by $2.3 million) but that’s easily fixed. They hold the No. 9 overall pick in the first round and have a pair of second-rounders they can offer in a trade package. Owner David Tepper watched as an NFC South rival, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, bent over backwards for the GOAT of quarterbacks, Tom Brady, leading to a Lombardi Trophy. Perhaps Tepper, especially after the Panthers played Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield and P.J. Walker at the position last season, would like to give that approach a whirl.

Yeah, that's speculation.

The story I'm citing comes from a conversation with longtime Packers reporter Bob McGinn.

McGinn: Packers will move on from Rodgers

McGinn, who has covered the Packers since forever, mentions Green Bay GM Brian Gutekunst, Head Coach Matt LaFleur and team CEO Mark Murphy all being "disgusted" and "done" with Rodgers, and says they firmly plans to move on from him. He adds also that they fully believe in backup Jordan Love.

5 hours ago, frankw said:

Does he have full control and I missed that? Looking at his history with the Colts and what went down with Wentz I'd have to imagine that would factor into his future approach around the position. Didn't he go to the playoffs with Brissett? We'll find out soon.

No, what he has is a front office that wants to work collaboratively with him rather than just dictating to him like the Colts did.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, what he has is a front office that wants to work collaboratively with him rather than just dictating to him like the Colts did.

Right but the Colts are run by Irsay who is a nut. Logic would dictate Scott Fitterer and Frank Reich have already had lengthy discussion about what we have in mind for the position moving forward. If Reich wasn't on board he wouldn't have taken the job. And I hardly think he and this staff with all their years of combined experience are afraid of developing a rookie.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Right but the Colts are run by Irsay who is a nut. Logic would dictate Scott Fitterer and Frank Reich have already had lengthy discussion about what we have in mind for the position moving forward. If Reich wasn't on board he wouldn't have taken the job. And I hardly think he and this staff with all their years of combined experience are afraid of developing a rookie.

Reich himself said those discussions weren't happening until this week.

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

An apples to apples comparison - one has been a starter for the entirety of his NFL career, the other has been a journeyman backup. 

It just depends on what we are looking for. Carr will want to be our starting QB for the next five plus years and be paid accordingly. Brissett would just be playing until our rookie and ready and then he would be a capable backup who can step in and win some games if needed. Brissett would also bring some familiarity with Reich’s offense.

44 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It just depends on what we are looking for. Carr will want to be our starting QB for the next five plus years and be paid accordingly. Brissett would just be playing until our rookie and ready and then he would be a capable backup who can step in and win some games if needed. Brissett would also bring some familiarity with Reich’s offense.

Gun to my head, I don't think we end up with Carr.

That said, I'm not discounting anything at this point.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that's speculation.

The story I'm citing comes from a conversation with longtime Packers reporter Bob McGinn.

McGinn: Packers will move on from Rodgers

McGinn, who has covered the Packers since forever, mentions Green Bay GM Brian Gutekunst, Head Coach Matt LaFleur and team CEO Mark Murphy all being "disgusted" and "done" with Rodgers, and says they firmly plans to move on from him. He adds also that they fully believe in backup Jordan Love.

Even if true, then all the talk of Rodgers having no leverage and the Packers' actually refusing to trade him don't really hold water. They're not going to eat all that money and get nothing in return. That's just not going to happen. And, like it or not, Rodgers will play a part in where he's traded.

• Pie 1