• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Often each team in the NFL went Run-Run-Pass

Ricky Spanish

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Had a feeling we'd be high on that list but number two surprises me a little.

I'm not surprised at all. After all, when we had games when we were able to get easy run yards at will, there was less need to depend on whoever was behind center. Obviously didn't work every time so I presume the quantity of run-run-pass was higher. Lots of 3rd and long when our runs went nowhere.

As for the Cowboys, wonder if that's scewed because of all the games without Dak. 

Finally, do have to keep in mind that a lot more pass attempts nowadays are effectively runs because the routes are short and chunk yardage isn't usually expected. 

5 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

What's worse is that people want Darnold back as QB or claimed he was proving the "haters" wrong.

Well he did prove he's not a TOTAL failure in the NFL.

So in that respect, he did "prove the haters wrong". 

He's just not a Starting-Quality QB. 

On 2/27/2023 at 9:03 AM, travisura said:

With every passing day it gets more and more mind boggling that folks genuinely wanted Wilks as head coach. Glad that has largely been put to bed.

I wasn’t a fan of hiring Wilks for the job full time but you can’t gloss over the fact he inherited a team that had gone 1-11 in their last 12 and then proceeded to take them to 6-6 in the 12 under his tenure. 

This stat is not really an indictment on him by any means.