• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank u Christian Kirk

Rags

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m not saying DJ is all world but I would take him over Wilson, Olave, Lockett, CeeDee, Tee Higgins, Devonta Smith, Godwin, Ridley, and honestly Deandre Hopkins right now.

You and I have a different opinion of Moore. I see him as a 25-30 type WR. That’s still good enough to be a #1.

But I also view Darnold as a 25-40 caliber QB, and I wouldn’t mind an upgrade. He’s better suited as a backup.

I believe Moore would be an exceptional WR2. 

Edited by ECHornet

15 hours ago, Rags said:

I agree with this with one addendum: You pay the Julios, the Megatrons and the JJs of WRs in their prime, we've seen far too many times an Elite WR and even a Good QB is enough to carry a bad offense. 

The biggest issue is IDing when you have a JJ and when you have a DJ when it comes time to putting pen to paper.

Except what championships did they win? Did Megatron even get them to the playoffs more than once? A WR, even the great ones, isn't worth what the market value says anymore. 

On 2/28/2023 at 9:16 AM, toldozer said:

True but you can only pay one. If you get qb right you only need one stud whether it be wr or te. The rest can be rookie deal role players

Tell me what team  has won a Super Bowl with ONE wide receiver and two rookies, or role guys. who didn't have a transcendent talent at QB? Keep in mind that transcendent, by definition, may come once every several years and you must have the 1st overall pick to take that guy. As an example, if Trevor Lawrence was coming out in 2023, you can't tell me the Bears wouldn't deal Fields in a split second and take Lawrence. Lawrence, Herbert, Burrow, Mahomes. Those are the four transcendent players at the QB position right now.

Then you have guys with elite skillsets in Hurts, Jackson, and Josh Allen, but who aren't really those guys who will just plow down the opposing team with their arm.

Then you have the rest of us. You aren't winning a Super Bowl with one stud at WR or TE without one of the guys listed above. Even with those guys, Mahomes and Tom Brady are the only dudes to have shown they can actually win with average play elsewhere on the offense. I don't see a Tom Brady or Mahomes available. 

Ideally you'd have DJ Moore, Terrace Marshall, Dalton Kincaid, and a guy like Hyatt out of Tennessee. However that would require us to trade down.

13 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Except what championships did they win? Did Megatron even get them to the playoffs more than once? A WR, even the great ones, isn't worth what the market value says anymore. 

I can name quite a few offenses that I could argue and likely prove wouldn't have looked as good or made it as far without the skills like a DHop, Gronk, Kupp or Julio provide.  The gravity of those players if you don't have a hitman to take that player out of the game is talked abt, but it's hard to see on film because all it takes is a second of hesitation for a well schemed offense to use that gravity.

I truly believe that having a true #1 WR is a valuable to a passing offense be it at TE, WR, and as we experienced even a very capable HB. And while I think what the trends defenses are leaning toward dictate what makes what WR skills pop more in any given season, having a guy you know you can line up at X Y or Z (or any combination of those) and do anything for you offense, or do something at an unguardable level is an understated weapon that is worth the value if you have the pieces in place. 

Contracts are whatever. As long as that player produces somewhat it's comically easy to move skill position players in the NFL. And for every Megatron and Moss that don't have rings there's just as many Rivers and Lucks who don't as well. Situation matters. Goes for paying them as well.

13 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Tell me what team  has won a Super Bowl with ONE wide receiver and two rookies, or role guys. who didn't have a transcendent talent at QB? Keep in mind that transcendent, by definition, may come once every several years and you must have the 1st overall pick to take that guy. As an example, if Trevor Lawrence was coming out in 2023, you can't tell me the Bears wouldn't deal Fields in a split second and take Lawrence. Lawrence, Herbert, Burrow, Mahomes. Those are the four transcendent players at the QB position right now.

Then you have guys with elite skillsets in Hurts, Jackson, and Josh Allen, but who aren't really those guys who will just plow down the opposing team with their arm.

Then you have the rest of us. You aren't winning a Super Bowl with one stud at WR or TE without one of the guys listed above. Even with those guys, Mahomes and Tom Brady are the only dudes to have shown they can actually win with average play elsewhere on the offense. I don't see a Tom Brady or Mahomes available. 

Ideally you'd have DJ Moore, Terrace Marshall, Dalton Kincaid, and a guy like Hyatt out of Tennessee. However that would require us to trade down.

And three of those four would be on rookie deals

14 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

6th and 10th picks.

Half of your list doesn't satisfy your criteria.

Edited by csx