• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank u Christian Kirk

Rags

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

You pay your number 1 guy and your number 2 needs to be on a rookie deal. If your drafted 2 balls out he gets the next contract and you trade number 1 before reupping their contract. Cinncy will have issues If they pay Chase and Higgins along with Burrow

You need THREE receivers in the league now, not just two.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Makes drafting skill positions more important than ever. Let someone else sign the huge contracts for so so WRs.  

I've been thinking a lot about this. And I agree wholeheartedly. 

Too many mid-level guys out there getting big money contracts (or even bottom tier guys like Sideshow Bob) for positions that aren't in on every play. And I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, if your star player is a WR your team has a whole host of problems.

Draft RBs, Edge and WRs high, use the four low cost years of their contract, and a fifth if they are really good, and then send them out to get the big paychecks somewhere else. 

Pay the men on the line to keep them, pay the QB when you have a good one, and keep decent pay to your DBs and LBs. And if you have a hoss at NT, pay the man to keep him happy.

But $18 million for a WR2? We're doing something like that already and it just isn't working out.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

WR and RB should really only be addressed through the draft and neither should be given a second contract. 

RB because it's just too easy to replace and second contracts aren't really worth it.

WR because they are getting just too pricey. 

every once in a while you can find a bargain, but those will be rare and rarely worth the effort regardless of price.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1