• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we ❤️ a QB, we will be aggressive

top dawg

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Of course but it appears like they're all engaged and in conversation.  His opinion will hold water and does offer some insight to potential preferences.  No doubt, he's not the decision maker though.

I was watching Louis Riddick a former GM and he said flat out that Stroud was the best QB at the combine.

If we have our choice of any of the QB's im 80% sure that Stroud would be our pick imo

Truthfully, our #39 pick this year is more important to me than the '25 FRP in a package to move up to 1. If we can send the SF 2nd rounder, I'm fine with '24 FRP + '25 FRP to move up for Stroud. 

Tampa is picking 19th overall with an 8-9 record. We should be at the very least, NFCS Champs and a 9-8 record next year. In 2025, one would assume better....that pick should be early-mid 20s. No guarantees with draft picks in this area....at least not like in the top-10 nor a franchise QB. 

We need a top-flight TE at 39. Send the two future firsts, #9 and #60. Draft Stroud. Take the best TE at 39 and figure the rest out in the third round and FA. Re-sign Boze & Foreman - sign Rapp/JJIII and find a DL.

4 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Truthfully, our #39 pick this year is more important to me than the '25 FRP in a package to move up to 1. If we can send the SF 2nd rounder, I'm fine with '24 FRP + '25 FRP to move up for Stroud. 

Tampa is picking 19th overall with an 8-9 record. We should be at the very least, NFCS Champs and a 9-8 record next year. In 2025, one would assume better....that pick should be early-mid 20s. No guarantees with draft picks in this area....at least not like in the top-10 nor a franchise QB. 

We need a top-flight TE at 39. Send the two future firsts, #9 and #60. Draft Stroud. Take the best TE at 39 and figure the rest out in the third round and FA. Re-sign Boze & Foreman - sign Rapp/JJIII and find a DL.

That would be my goal if I'm Fitt.  You either preserve #39 or 2024's 1st. I'd love to keep one of those two if we trade up somehow.  

Moving to 1, it's gonna be near impossible to do the latter (2024 1st).

If we're talking to AZ -- Pick 9, 61, 2025 1st, 2024 2nd -- Could that do it?

CHI at 1: 9, 61, 2024 1st, 2025 1st but then I'd ask for one of their 4ths in return this year so we preserve a mid-rounder..or maybe a mid-rounder in 2024? 

End up with 1-1, 39, 3rd, then we get (3) 4ths.  That still allows us to add weapons.  

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

That would be my goal if I'm Fitt.  You either preserve #39 or 2024's 1st. I'd love to keep one of those two if we trade up somehow.  

Moving to 1, it's gonna be near impossible to do the latter (2024 1st).

If we're talking to AZ -- Pick 9, 61, 2025 1st, 2024 2nd -- Could that do it?

CHI at 1: 9, 61, 2024 1st, 2025 1st but then I'd ask for one of their 4ths in return this year so we preserve a mid-rounder..or maybe a mid-rounder in 2024? 

End up with 1-1, 39, 3rd, then we get (3) 4ths.  That still allows us to add weapons.  

If we are going to 3 might as well do 1 and get who you really want

54 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Stroud at the first pick, expectations, are going to disappoint a lot of people.  

Yesterday, it was Richardson. Today, it's Stroud. The other day, it was Young. 

If we move to one, my money is still on Young, and it really has little to do with the Combine.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

what in the timeline suggest its young?  He didnt do poo yesterday

Did you not here Fitterer say Young is bigger in person than he expected? Reich was so complimentary of Young that Scot (though incorrectly) said that Reich had only showed interest in Carr and Young. 

As for not doing poo yesterday, well...that's kind of what happens when you put yourself in position with excellent play---tape! You don't have to do poo because EVERYONE already knows that you have the mental capacity and skill to play the game (because you did it). The ONLY question about Young today, yesterday, the other day, and many days before that, is whether he's too small to last in the NFL. Some obviously believe it to be true, and some obviously don't.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Did you not here Fitterer say Young is bigger in person than he expected? Reich was so complimentary of Young that Scot (though incorrectly) said that Reich had only showed interest in Carr and Young. 

As for not doing poo yesterday, well...that's kind of what happens when you put yourself in position with excellent play---tape! You don't have to do poo because EVERYONE already knows that you have the mental capacity and skill to play the game (because you did it). The ONLY question about Young today, yesterday, the other day, and many days before that, is whether he's too small to last in the NFL. Some obviously believe it to be true, and some obviously don't.

Hes not bigger then expected he is 5'10 190ish pounds.  What were they thinking he was going to be an ommpa loompa?  After strouds throwing and now this report its not rocket science as to whats going on here

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hes not bigger then expected he is 5'10 190ish pounds.  What were they thinking he was going to be an ommpa loompa?  After strouds throwing and now this report its not rocket science as to whats going on here

We'll see. 204 is a long cry from 190. It really is, especially if it's muscle. 

Just now, top dawg said:

We'll see. 204 is a long cry from 190. It really is, especially if it's muscle. 

lol if it was muscle he wouldnt be hiding under a hoody when the other guys were in skin tight tank tops.   He had 2 months to get bigger and all he could do was 204.  I mean damn his listed weight was 194 and that was a farce.   If the panthers move up its for stroud.  I would bet anything considering the timing.  I seriously doubt him weighing 204 at a sham weigh in prompted the front office to go into trade mode