• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we agree trading up to #3 with Cardinals is the best option for the team?

CamWhoaaCam

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

If we spend our 9th pick on AR and he busts, then we have 2024 and 2025 high 1st round picks to address the problem. If we trade down for Hooker in the second round, and he busts then we're still in good shape long term with our draft capital.

If we trade multiple high draft picks for CJ and he busts, then we're stuck with less options for fixing the problem later. Now I would have rather Fitt traded Burns to the Rams for 2 future first round picks, but our team is not managed well. Even so, all Fitt has to do is take advantage of the draft picks we're being gifted by his failure to build a winning team. Losing has its benefits in the NFL, but you need to not be stupid and reckless.

There is also news that Hooker will be ready at the beginning of the season--he would not be playing, but it is noteworthy that you are not losing a year as thought before.

• Pie 2

Here is me: 
Plan A:  If you really love Stroud, trade what it takes to get him with the Bears.   In my opinion, we need a QB more than picks.  When you consider that some picks bust (about half of first rounders) it is worth the risk to escape mediocrity or worse. We did not put this coaching staff together to not have an elite QB to develop.  I think we are going to go all in.

Plan B:  Assuming you don't love Stroud or Young, Sit at #9 and take AR (if there) or Levis (if there). (not sure I would take Levis at #9 though).  If they are gone, go to plan C.

Plan c - trade back in round 1 and acquire another second rounder or better yet, a 2024 first rounder.  Draft Hooker in the late part of round 1 to assure that you get him. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Every QB taken is more likely to be a bust than win a SB. 

Right? Only one team wins the Super Bowl and Brady owns 6 out of the last couple decades. You also have a Nick Foles (anyone want him?), Joe Flacco, old Manning and even Russ is looking like they were held up by their teams. 
Goal 1 is the find a franchise QB. Then you build a team around that QB to make a SB run. This is how we can have a constant contender.

Oh boy, the anti QB folk are here to try to be smarter than everybody. Comparing Malik Willis to this class just lol.

I don’t agree with trading up to 3, UNLESS it’s during the actual draft and the top QB on the Panthers board is somehow available at 3. Otherwise, if you’re trading up that far just go to 1 so you can guarantee you get your guy. I think the drop off is pretty far from Young/Stroud to Richardson/Levis personally.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Right? Only one team wins the Super Bowl and Brady owns 6 out of the last couple decades. You also have a Nick Foles (anyone want him?), Joe Flacco, old Manning and even Russ is looking like they were held up by their teams. 
Goal 1 is the find a franchise QB. Then you build a team around that QB to make a SB run. This is how we can have a constant contender.

If finding a Super Bowl winning QB was easy they wouldn’t hold nearly the value they do.

If you want to be technical I’m sure there have been more 1st overall pick QBs to win at least one Super Bowl than any other draft slot.

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Oh boy, the anti QB folk are here to try to be smarter than everybody. Comparing Malik Willis to this class just lol.

I don't think he was--I think he was illustrating a point that shows how, immediately after combines and pro days--the QBs are inflated and everyone has them ranked higher than they should.  I saw mocks last year that had 3-4 QBs going in the first round. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I don't think he was--I think he was illustrating a point that shows how, immediately after combines and pro days--the QBs are inflated and everyone has them ranked higher than they should.  I saw mocks last year that had 3-4 QBs going in the first round. 

Last year was a pretty widely panned QB class with many not even having a first round grade on a QB. Comparing that to this year in any way is just asinine.

• Pie 1