• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much is too much to trade?

ncfan

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Blow up what? All the best players are on rookie deals or manageable second contracts. 

We're primed for a period of dominance - which either comes from a franchise QB (good luck) or continuing to stack the roster with talent... i.e. those 3 first round picks people are so keen to trade away.

Eventually you have to find a QB. Colts under Reich were ascending with great rookies and manageable second contracts until they couldn’t figure out the QB and it fell apart.

Edited by stan786

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not mad at this PFN mock trade

3) Carolina Panthers: C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Trade: Carolina receives pick 3; Arizona receives pick 9, pick 39, and a 2024 first-round pick.

The Panthers got themselves a scare when Houston hung up the phone on them but was relieved when they took Richardson, leaving the QB that best fits Frank Reich’s offense to fall one more pick. While they gave Arizona quite a haul for the rights to the third pick in the draft, there were other suitors, and the Panthers had already tried calling Chicago and Houston about their top picks.

C.J. Stroud is an outstanding quarterback who finished his collegiate career on one of the biggest heaters I’ve ever seen. His play against both Michigan and Georgia comprised the best QB tape of the cycle, and if he learns to play more like an athlete, he could very easily become the best QB in the class.

So the QB that Ohio St don't think is as good as Fields costs us two first round picks and a second round pick?

Panthers gonna Panther I guess.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

So the QB that Ohio St don't think is as good as Fields costs us two first round picks and a second round pick?

Ohio St doesn’t think Stroud is as good as Fields? Like the whole university thinks that??

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I mean, OSU thought that Dwayne Haskins was better than Joe Burrow so there's that to consider too.

But yeah, honestly to be fair junior Justin Fields was almost certainly a better option for OSU than true freshman CJ Stroud.

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That same fan base hated Burrow and like Haskins.

Ill trust the People who covers NFL opinion over some Ohio State fans.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Stroud starts immediately but yeah they are signing a vet

This would be my biggest concern about trading up for Richardson. When you trade up for a guy there would be tremendous pressure to start him immediately. I'm not certain that's a good thing for AR.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This would be my biggest concern about trading up for Richardson. When you trade up for a guy there would be tremendous pressure to start him immediately. I'm not certain that's a good thing for AR.

Worked for Allen but I will trust this all star staff.   I think this staff in place and the limited timeline for it is the reason the team gets aggressive.   Get a rookie in here now to start in stead of Carr.  I think that idea of signing him got buried yesterday 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree, Stroud/Young fit our franchise a lot more in terms of being able to not have to commit a decent chunk of money to a QB who can start the whole season and keep us competitive. Can instead sign a more moderately priced vet to back them up.

Lol some of you guys kill me. I get the point of being conservative but after witnessing the QB hell we have been in, you can’t seriously suggest that giving up a future 1st as being insane. You witness bust players like Vernon Butler, and don’t blink an eye, but act like it will cripple the franchise forever if we risk a future first to get a possible franchise QB. I take that risk all day every day when you have a roster set up like we do right now. Our young core has a two year window before the big contracts come up and if you can build that around your rookie QB pay, it’s a thing of beauty and sets you up to be able to compete for a Super Bowl.

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Worked for Allen but I will trust this all star staff.   I think this staff in place and the limited timeline for it is the reason the team gets aggressive.   Get a rookie in here now to start in stead of Carr.  I think that idea of signing him got buried yesterday 

It didn't work for Allen as a rookie. If we  draft a QB and he plays like Allen did as a rookie people are gonna be calling him a bust and for Tepper to clean house.

• Pie 1