• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: The Prodigal Son And The Road Home

rippadonn

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol Jones “carried” that offense?? Anyone heard of Saquon Barkley??

I get you, but they both did their parts. I scoffed at someone a few weeks ago who said that Saquon "carried" the offense. It just so happens that Jones plays the much more valuable position.

33 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I get you, but they both did their parts. I scoffed at someone a few weeks ago who said that Saquon "carried" the offense. It just so happens that Jones plays the much more valuable position.

Yes they both did their parts as drawn up by Daboll and his staff. No one carried that offense…. The offense kind of ran through Barkley TBH. Jones had a decent year too, but Barkley finally being healthy played a big part in that.

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mods.  It's time

Doesn't conform to your groupthink, I know. Name a better option on the FA market then.....

Nobody else measures up in statistics, age, accuracy, ability, low INT, AND as a top 15-20 QB as he stands now a EASY hometown discount candidate.

The franchise QB problem would be solved and our QB room would be fearsome.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Doesn't conform to your groupthink, I know. Name a better option on the FA market then.....

Nobody else measures up in statistics, age, accuracy, ability, low INT, AND as a top 15-20 QB as he stands now a EASY hometown discount candidate.

The franchise QB problem would be solved and our QB room would be fearsome.

Dude put up Teddy Bridgewater numbers when he was with us and you are advocating we go after that? 

Daniel wants out of NY. They're the one's who didn't bet on him, instead they gave a RB that love.

Daniel bet on himself on his last contract year and carried that offense in a Cam like fashion.

This is a huge opportunity for the Panthers to come into that situation and take DJ off their hands.

1 minute ago, Verge said:

I am a huge Jones fan personally but I don't see this happening lol. Both Tepper and Reich are tired of retreads. 

Listen it's not like one of my in-laws was one of his coaches in highschool and I would finally be kind of in the social circle of the homegrown Panthers QB.

Not at all. 😉

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Barely over 3000 yards and 15 TDs in today's NFL means you should be looking HARD for an upgrade at QB, NOT looking to pay that guy $40M+ per year.

Again, did Daniel Jones ever have people like DJ Moore, Terrace Marshall? Did he even have a TE like Ian Thomas or Tommy Tremble? No. Never. He got the curse of Cam. They never built around him. Too much turnover, too much turmoil. He stuck it out and improved himself and showed out the last couple seasons.

ONLY the Panthers would be the obvious team NOT to pay $45mill for Daniel Jones. What will most likely happen NOW NY has realized Daniel was hot stuff too late, is a franchise tag and trade situation.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Again, did Daniel Jones ever have people like DJ Moore, Terrace Marshall? Did he even have a TE like Ian Thomas or Tommy Tremble? No. Never. He got the curse of Cam. They never built around him. Too much turnover, too much turmoil. He stuck it out and improved himself and showed out the last couple seasons.

ONLY the Panthers would be the obvious team NOT to pay $45mill for Daniel Jones. What will most likely happen NOW NY has realized Daniel was hot stuff too late, is a franchise tag and trade situation.

DJ Moore is good. Marshall is not. As far as TE he had Evan Engram who is better than Tremble and Thomas. 

On 3/5/2023 at 6:09 PM, rippadonn said:

Listen it's not like one of my in-laws was one of his coaches in highschool and I would finally be kind of in the social circle of the homegrown Panthers QB.

Not at all. 😉

It also helps there is no way he leaves New York 

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

It also helps there is no way he leaves New York 

Lol, you guys wanna always crush a dream, lol. It's more realistic than us NOT picking the ninth player.

You should be on board with this. That would be a great Charlotte story AND a legitimate Cam replacement from a kid who watched the MVP and dreamed of being him.

Daniel wants to come home. NY? Not sure he really wants to be there anymore he bet on himself when THEY didn't and he deserves his reward and TO HIM the perfect reward would be a Panthers helmet.