• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Ravens can’t be this dumb? They’re a smart organization right?

TheBigKat

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It would seem that in yours, words only matter if they're saying what you want them to say.

In reality, everybody else's words are different than Smith's words. You choose to believe Smith because he's saying what you want to hear. I choose not to because, again he's not an investigative reporter and it's highly unlikely that his statement (coming from someone with an agenda) is more truthful than a dozen others with none.

I get why you'd want a frame me as doing what it is you're actually doing, but I think it's pretty clear everyone can see that.

You routinely post one side and you run with it. If there is anything to the contrary, your modus operandi is to question the veracity of the people whom you want to clown. That's why you stuck to the story about Cam by Nolan Nawrocki.

I simply posted a report that states that Jackson's camp never asked for a "fully guaranteed contract." Wanting," "demanding," and "asking" are different words with different meanings. I think that that fact is important considering that there has been no definitive report as to what has actually been asked for. Sorry (not sorry) if that just goads your sensibilities that I would have the nerve to post something to the contrary of what you believe. I like to look at and actually understand opposing views and not just run with a somewhat nebulous narrative that has never definitively been substantiated.

Just now, top dawg said:

You routinely post one side and you run with it. If there is anything to the contrary, your modus operandi is to question the veracity of the people whom you want to clown. That's why you stuck to the story about Cam by Nolan Nawrocki.

I simply posted a report that states that Jackson's camp never asked for a "fully guaranteed contract." Wanting," "demanding," and "asking" are different words with different meanings. I think that that fact is important considering that there has been no definitive report as to what has actually been asked for. Sorry (not sorry) if that just goads your sensibilities that I would have the nerve to post something to the contrary of what you believe. I like to look at and actually understand opposing views and not just run with a somewhat nebulous narrative that has never definitively been substantiated.

You're about to go off on another angry rent, aren't you?

You posted one report that goes against what everybody else is saying and now you're mad that people aren't taking that report more seriously than they are the numerous others.

Somehow this seems rational to you.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Only right to end this conversation with this tweet...

Good for us.  Removes one of the teams drafting ahead of us from the QB sweepstakes. Let them pay this guy 40 mil a year, we will roll with a top rookie on a rookie deal. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Good for us.  Removes one of the teams drafting ahead of us from the QB sweepstakes. Let them pay this guy 40 mil a year, we will roll with a top rookie on a rookie deal. 

Exactly. Nobody is fearing Derek Carr.

My fear is Lamar ends up in Atlanta.

We have to go get our QB now. I don't care about picks just get it done.

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Saints got Carr

Falcons may get Lamar

I guess this means we will sell out for our QB in the draft right?

Ot appears the options a getting limited with each passing day. It's looking as if it's trade up or sit at 9 and sign the likes of Darnold or Brissett to hold the position until next season.  Either way the second option is going to happen now.

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

The Saints are not drafting in the top 10.

20 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

To make sure we are on the same page, Kirk Cousins got a fully guaranteed deal when he joined the Vikings.  He was the one that got the ball rolling.  Watson getting the same thing confirmed what we already knew, which was if a potential franchise QB hit the open market they wouldn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.  And Watson wasn't even technically on the open market and still got paid.

Lamar would be smart to stick to his guns on this one.  There is no reason to cave.  Even if they tag him each of the next 3 seasons he's going to make a ton of money and STILL come out of the other end being able to hit the open market.

I personally had forgotten about Cousins. I guess the real difference is the tremendous amount of money that is involved here.

The Ravens don't want to further and solidify that new precedent with such an amount of money. They are arguing (and betting) that Watson's contract is an outlier. We'll see who's right. But you're exactly correct: Cousins' deal, though seemingly paltry to Watson's contract, was the first fully guaranteed conteact. It obviously didn't really set a precedent, but I guess they feel that Jackson's contract could, being that it is coming after Watson's, and probably before Burrows', Herbert's, etc.

Edited by top dawg

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im sure he has lawyers helping out as well.

Dude just needs to get an agent. This clearly hasn't worked out well for him so far with his mom trying to get a deal done.

You were saying in another thread the Ravens were mean and taking advantage of his mom. This just looks like another misstep by his "camp." He's put himself in a terrible position and using SAS as a mouthpiece doesn't really lend itself to more credibility than DeMaurice Smith. He really should have looked at the Josh Norman situation.