• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Ravens can’t be this dumb? They’re a smart organization right?

TheBigKat

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Irrelevant. Your examples were Derek Carr and Geno Smith. You're changing your argument now that I've shown you don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

You quoted me when I mentioned Murray but you didn't bring him up.

I think you and I both know this is about guaranteed money. The final offer doesn't matter if all of the contract is not guaranteed.

We can agree to disagree.

If he was worth what he is asking and is worth the long term risk, everything says the Ravens would have taken the deal Lamar was offering.

It's as simple as that. Their entire offense build and coaching is designed around getting Lamar under center and dictating the game that will be played. They cannot replicate that with anyone else in the league taking that spot. 

Why would the Ravens balk at paying a price that other teams might very well be willing to pony up for the opportunity to build their own teams around the guy?

First, look at the teams that are supposedly chomping at the bit to get him. That's not exactly a murderer's row of playoff contenders there. That's a bunch of teams that perpetually overpay the wrong guy and draft players that don't pan out.

You know, like we've been for a while now.

Let's take note of not just who the suitors are, but who the suitors aren't... New England and Pittsburgh could have or could now use a better QB option. Neither one are even mentioned at going after him. Seattle had a chance to upgrade but chose to spend their money on Geno Smith instead (after one good to decent season). 

Why don't we just let this little carousel play itself out and just watch and see if someone over reaches for the brass ring and face plants in the sawdust?

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agree partially. I mixed up the final result with one of the other games, but not the details.

Our offense was ineffective, but so was theirs until a late turnover. And Jackson was nothing special that day.

That part I remember 😆

We didn't beat Burrow though. The Bengals doubled us up.

In fairness, Jackson was coming off the Flu, and there was about a 30-40 mile an hour wind blowing.  Which essentially made it old school, run the ball and play defense style football. 

Are we sure Tepper isn't lurking on this Lamar situation behind the scenes?

I have a hard time believing he went all out for a guy with questionable behavior off the field Watson, but he's not going to entertain Lamar who doesn't have off field issues.

Got a feeling we will be mentioned when he actually becomes available via trade. Not saying we will get him but we will at least see if there is interest. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I have a hard time believing he went all out for a guy with questionable behavior off the field Watson, but he's not going to entertain Lamar who doesn't have off field issues.

Got a feeling we will be mentioned when he actually becomes available via trade. Not saying we will get him but we will at least see if there is interest. 

That’s how I feel, this is certainly something to watch. They talked to carr (maybe it was just to drive price up) and fitt says they are in on every deal, I just can’t see the team not looking into this. It’s worth noting a month or so ago Albright said Atlanta is the favorite but don’t count out Carolina. 

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

In fairness, Jackson was coming off the Flu, and there was about a 30-40 mile an hour wind blowing.  Which essentially made it old school, run the ball and play defense style football. 

Isn't that a style in which Jackson should thrive, though?

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

God I hope not. That means he hasn't learned a damn thing and isn't going to let football guys make football decisions. 

I just want to say that from everything I've seen, Lamar has been not just an outstanding QB but also a really positive part of the Baltimore community. I mean, the guy has publicly and on the field been everything an organization wants out of a franchise QB.

So, back to my statement, why won't the Ravens give him what should be an expensive but reasonable (considering the state of the NFL pay levels) contract? Is there something healthwise that we don't know about? Are they looking at that long-term 100% guaranteed part and thinking there is no way he'll still be on the field at the end, when they are still forced to be paying him?

That's a good team with an excellent front office and they are saying that the cost is too high for them...  

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

God I hope not. That means he hasn't learned a damn thing and isn't going to let football guys make football decisions. 

Are you just down on Lamar as a QB?

Dude you make it sound like this dude is a bum.lol

How can you be so excited about adding Carr but so down on adding a QB who is much better in Lamar?

We would be adding a QB who wins 75% of his games he starts. In a weak conference of QB's. We are a top 3 team at worst with Lamar in the NFC. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Isn't that a style in which Jackson should thrive, though?

Probably not, at least when the other team knows you are going to run the ball.  Or throw the passes short.  If you look at the numbers from that day, no one had decent game offensively.  Donta Foreman had probably his worst game of the year.  

I think the reason Cam was such a huge threat running the ball was that he could pass it pretty well to.   In 2015, his deep balls were fantastic, which made his runs that much harder to contain.  Same with Jackson I think.  Take away the passing game, and he becomes just another running back.   

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Are you just down on Lamar as a QB?

Dude you make it sound like this dude is a bum.lol

How can you be so excited about adding Carr but so down on adding a QB who is much better in Lamar?

We would be adding a QB who wins 75% of his games he starts. In a weak conference of QB's. We are a top 3 team at worst with Lamar in the NFC. 

My comment has nothing to do with LJ.

It has to do with Tepper getting his sights set on a QB, like he did with Watson, and being willing to do whatever it takes whether or not it's actually good for the team. 

And I wasn't excited about Carr. I'm excited about having football people who are actually qualified to judge QB talent. 

It would be quite the turnaround if in the space of two weeks the NFC South went from having no quarterbacks to Carr, Lamar and potentially Garoppolo (bucs) after the first week of free agency. The outlook would suddenly look a lot less rosy for the Panthers.

• Pie 1