• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

Another fun statistical anomaly from Will Levis.

Will Levis could become just the fifth QB since 2000 to be drafted in the first round after throwing at least 25 interceptions in college and fewer than 50 TD passes (Levis would join: Vince Young, Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel). 

Aaron Rodgers trade to Jets could be facing one major hurdle, plus five moves the Cowboys should make - CBSSports.com

14 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Richardson is bad at everything outside of running, he’s a one read QB for the most part so how can anyone gauge his processing is beyond me. The fact that he struggled in Napier offense is the a big red flag. I’m willing to bet anything UF next starting QB outperforms him in that same offense 

Posters on this board were actually arguing Richardson is more accurate than Levis. With more help and much worse stats. I have no problems having a favorite, I think we all do. Hell, I’d rather have Stroud or Young than both. But at least make some sense instead of taking weird stances like that. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Posters on this board were actually arguing Richardson is more accurate than Levis. With more help and much worse stats. I have no problems having a favorite, I think we all do. Hell, I’d rather have Stroud or Young than both. But at least make some sense instead of taking weird stances like that. 

That's interesting, more accurate? I'd like to see how they argued that.

The stats thing though, they're very comparable other than completion percentage.

Will Levis

Completions: 185/283 (65.4%) Yards: 2,406 Touchdowns: 19 Interceptions: 10

Rushing Yards: -107 Rushing Touchdowns: 2

Anthony Richardson

Completions: 176/327 (53.8%) Yards: 2,549 Touchdowns: 17 Interceptions: 9

Rushing Yards: 654 Rushing Touchdowns: 9

Production wise it's pretty similar until you look at rushing statistics.

Edited by Krovvy

40 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Richardson is bad at everything outside of running, he’s a one read QB for the most part so how can anyone gauge his processing is beyond me. The fact that he struggled in Napier offense is the a big red flag. I’m willing to bet anything UF next starting QB outperforms him in that same offense 

Richardson went through reads. That wasn’t the issue. Jack Miller lead the Gators to 3 points in Richardsons absence.  The next QB SHOULD post better stats than Richardson. He’s a fifth year senior. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

The stats thing though, they're very comparable other than completion percentage.

Will Levis

Anthony Richardson

Richardson's legs were Florida's offense. Dude was running out there with 5 stars.

Levis runs when he has to like an NFL QB, because it's an NFL offense. And his offensive line was made up of the college equivalents to Mike Remmers, Byron Bell and Nate Chandler.

30 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Richardson played significantly better against common opponents. Their accuracy was basically the same but Richardson scored more, got more yards, and turned the ball over less than Levis against the same opponents. 

Just now, GOAT said:

Richardson's legs were Florida's offense. Dude was running out there with 5 stars.

Levis runs when he has to like an NFL QB, because it's an NFL offense. And his offensive line was made up of the college equivalents to Mike Remmers, Byron Bell and Nate Chandler.

Richardson ran a pro-style offense with very little spread from what I've seen. The amount of RPO I saw wasn't much considering how good of a runner he is. They really underutilized him running the ball from what I watched.

Which games do you want me to look at where his legs were the offense?

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Will Levis

Anthony Richardson

My thing is, completion percentage is such a huge part of it. Especially when the difference is over 10 percent. That’s a pretty big gap. 

You won’t find me stating that Will is a better athlete or runner. Richardson has a higher overall ceiling, too. 

I come off as an AR hater I’m sure, but I’ve stated quite a few times I’m fine if we take him and he will have my full support. Might even buy a jersey. And to be honest, there are some posters on here that have a raging Will Levis hate boner. And as a UK fan, I can’t help but defend him when I don’t this he’s being fairly critiqued. There’s plenty you can say Will needs to get better at without getting personal in your analysis. 

Edited by Kentucky Panther

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Richardson played significantly better against common opponents. Their accuracy was basically the same but Richardson scored more, got more yards, and turned the ball over less than Levis against the same opponents. 

How do you explain Levis having a completion percentage over 10 percent higher than ARs? Their common opponents is a fine argument but it doesn’t paint the entire picture. 

Against common opponents:

Vanderbilt , UGA, MIZ, TENN

Richardson - 75 of 137 completions (55%), 1,190 passing yards, 7 touchdown passes, 3 interceptions, 37 carries for  161 yards rushing and 2 more rushing touchdowns.  

Will Levis - 59 of 100 completions (59%), 583 passing yards, 4 touchdown passes, 5 interception, 23 carries, negative rushing yards and 0 tds.

Both teams have poor offensive pass catcher and poor offensive lineman. Don’t pretend that Florida had significantly more help around Richardson. 

Now factor in that this was Richardsons first year starting and he is two full years younger than Levis and this is why I am higher on him than I am on Levis. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1