• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's fuggin goooooooo!!!

Zod

2 hours ago, joemac said:

This is true. The o linemen and d linemen in the SEC are pretty much the same size as NFL lines and I don’t recall Young having much trouble with getting passes swatted down, or getting injured. I am slightly in favor of CJ (maybe 60/40) but I believe Young has a chance to be special.

Best I know theres only two weight rooms in college that current have near-size NFL players. Clemson and bama. 

The factor young was at one and remained 180 for most of his career is down right scary. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, chknwing said:

I still like AR.  He is built to endure the hits QBs get in the NFL and can put his head down and bowl over a linebacker for a TD.  

But can he do the smart nuances of the position? 

Can he read the whole field?

What big situations has he played in like playoffs or championship games?  

Where is the production compared to his "out of this world" and rare physical talents?

Lastly what is the longevity of that running style QB compared to a player that works the pocket and looks down field instead of trying to be "superman" sorry cam?  

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Young isn't QB1 due to height, weight concerns. The real smokescreen is actually comparing him to STROUD when his actual tier because of those liabilities is Levis.

Ludicrous. Comparing levis and Young.  Put young on Kentucky he not winning national titles or Heisman maybe but he making em look good. Put Levis on Bama he loses the starting job to a red shirt.  I'm saying it. His decision making is not there. Flat out. Saban wants safe plays. Will is so raw after 5 years you have to doubt his maturity or game acumen. Ludicrous to compare the fourth best QB with the top QB of the draft. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Best I know theres only two weight rooms in college that current have near-size NFL players. Clemson and bama. 

The factor young was at one and remained 180 for most of his career is down right scary. 

I'll tell ya secret, core strength and functional strength for tasks is different than weight room.  A 190 pound QB with a brain and good coaching can compete with a "adonis" on the field. Ever heard the phrase looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Coaches know it. Combine warriors and gold medal winning underwear Olympics guys do happen. The mental game is part of the equation. Otherwise Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbery would still be playing QB somewhere. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

Ludicrous. Comparing levis and Young.  Put young on Kentucky he not winning national titles or Heisman maybe but he making em look good. Put Levis on Bama he loses the starting job to a red shirt.  I'm saying it. His decision making is not there. Flat out. Saban wants safe plays. Will is so raw after 5 years you have to doubt his maturity or game acumen. Ludicrous to compare the fourth best QB with the top QB of the draft. 

Ok, take three inches off Levi's would he be in the first round?

It's a minus. He's undersized. Because of that he won't be top five this year, too many guys with physical advantages to Young.

cbs football GIF by HULU

6 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

I respect the open mindedness towards that sentiment and I totally see why someone would like Stroud as a safer option. I just see Bryce as the face the the league kinda player.

I’m with you bro. I’m very very open minded to what Young can do. He was an amazing QB at Bama. I think he can be great in this NFL, and I won’t be mad at all if we pick him.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

But can he do the smart nuances of the position? 

Can he read the whole field?

What big situations has he played in like playoffs or championship games?  

Where is the production compared to his "out of this world" and rare physical talents?

Lastly what is the longevity of that running style QB compared to a player that works the pocket and looks down field instead of trying to be "superman" sorry cam?  

That’s the thing about Young. He’s so advanced at his age. He can read the whole files and work his progressions like an NFL vet. If only he wasn’t a fuging midget. Gahhh. But CJ isn’t far behind him and he’s a big dude. I trust our staff to pick the right guy. Feels good to be able to say that.

2 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

I'll tell ya secret, core strength and functional strength for tasks is different than weight room.  A 190 pound QB with a brain and good coaching can compete with a "adonis" on the field. Ever heard the phrase looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Coaches know it. Combine warriors and gold medal winning underwear Olympics guys do happen. The mental game is part of the equation. Otherwise Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbery would still be playing QB somewhere. 

Yup. AR is like Cam without the undefeated National champion, Heisman Trophy season. Give me one of the 2 guys who have actually done it and produced. I’ll be happy with CJ or Young honestly 

39 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I thought you were a Levis guy?

#1....

Classic Reaction GIF

I had Levis as the dark horse, underdog QB of this draft. A guy who could do better than Bryce Young in the NFL and I stand by that. The NFL for the most part is moving up to heavyweight from middleweight. Levis checks all the boxes to make that jump to a faster, harder, more physical stage.