• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Sense around the league is they’re going up for CJ Stroud

Varking

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What we need to do is figure out our QB rankings while we also sniff around and figure out who the Texans prefer. If their #1 is our #2, front like hell that we're taking their guy and try to get them to swap picks with us. If our #1 is also their #1, just take #1.

That’s a little dangerous of a game unless we really like 2 QBs. It just takes the Texans leaking the wrong QB and taking our top choice at 1.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

That is exactly who I think CJ will be. GOFF, COUSINS, CARR…

talented guys but need a lot around them to be top 10. U end up having to pay them a sec contract but if u r a serious org in need to be perennial winner, u try to trade them yr 5 or 6 for a franchise QB.

Bryce on the other side has franchise QB trait who can work with less has this year showed. 

if u take CJ vs GA game away, u can’t possibly look at their body of work & think CJ is better.

Exactly this , exactly this, exactly this. The patchwork we are going to throw around Stroud will suck. I do not care about our minimal cap space this year or that second round pick. That isn’t supplementing Stroud properly. Our rb suck (as good as they’ve been, ANY nfl rb would’ve excelled behind this line, running 45 times a game). We don’t have a “weapon” out of the backfield. We need Gibbs or something splashy. Our tight end room is dog water too. Our wr room is LOL. Stroud never had to deal with all of this and I personally do not see him overcoming it. Young HAS in the Sec and Bama looks damn near like an un ranked team without him. This OSU qb bum this upcoming season will look more than serviceable because of that conference, that wr talent, and the coaches ability to scheme to the qbs strength.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

6 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

This OSU qb bum this upcoming season

Was a 5-star QB in Pennsylvania.  Kyle McCord.  He'll be in year 3 and he'll tear it up.  Ryan Day was a college QB, coached QB'S in the NFL and implemented a pro-style, pass-first, offense at Ohio State.  OSU has had the #1 offense in CFB the past two seasons and were one play away from beating Georia last year for a national title.  Stroud's accuracy and touch are second to NONE.  You didn't trade the farm to pick a 5'10 baller from Bama.  Stroud is the pick and you will be thrilled to have him.  Thanks to Ryan Day, he is more than NFL ready.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Was a 5-star QB in Pennsylvania.  Kyle McCord.  He'll be in year 3 and he'll tear it up.  Ryan Day was a college QB, coached QB'S in the NFL and implemented a pro-style, pass-first, offense at Ohio State.  OSU has had the #1 offense in CFB the past two seasons and were one play away from beating Georia last year for a national title.  Stroud's accuracy and touch are second to NONE.  You didn't trade the farm to pick a 5'10 baller from Bama.  Stroud is the pick and you will be thrilled to have him.  Thanks to Ryan Day, he is more than NFL ready.

I don’t doubt he’ll tear it up. That system breeds success. Bama usually does too, though. And being 5’10 doesn’t bother me. He’s always been 5’10 and been as magical as he is. In the SEC.

Just now, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud had the highest QB rating in CFB last year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/qb-rating-ncaa

I get it. You’re gonna bring up numbers and defend your guy. That’s fine. But you can’t leave things out like who’s he’s played WITH and what he’s played AGAINST. We can cherry pick Georgia in the final but I’m looking at the eye test on every player (not a bama fan by any measure) and I’d rather take the player that offers more with less.

25 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Also , my apologies for the ignorance of McCord. I was admittedly unfamiliar with his game.

30 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I don’t doubt he’ll tear it up. That system breeds success. Bama usually does too, though. And being 5’10 doesn’t bother me. He’s always been 5’10 and been as magical as he is. In the SEC.

The SEC isn't the NFL.

7 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Exactly this , exactly this, exactly this. The patchwork we are going to throw around Stroud will suck. I do not care about our minimal cap space this year or that second round pick. That isn’t supplementing Stroud properly. Our rb suck (as good as they’ve been, ANY nfl rb would’ve excelled behind this line, running 45 times a game). We don’t have a “weapon” out of the backfield. We need Gibbs or something splashy. Our tight end room is dog water too. Our wr room is LOL. Stroud never had to deal with all of this and I personally do not see him overcoming it. Young HAS in the Sec and Bama looks damn near like an un ranked team without him. This OSU qb bum this upcoming season will look more than serviceable because of that conference, that wr talent, and the coaches ability to scheme to the qbs strength.

So let me get this straight. Our offense that hasn't even been fully formed via draft and FA will suck with Stroud but if we draft your favorite guy with a lighter build than Matt Corral things will all fall into place and we'll be instant contenders. This right here is why more and more people are growing tired of the takes from Bryce Young's most delusional supporters.

Also, it's not like Bryce operated with out talent - Alabama has ridiculous talent every year, probably more than any time except Georgia. Maybe it wasn't quite the same this year, but it's not like it was leagues below Ohio State.

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

I get it. You’re gonna bring up numbers and defend your guy. That’s fine. But you can’t leave things out like who’s he’s played WITH and what he’s played AGAINST. We can cherry pick Georgia in the final but I’m looking at the eye test on every player (not a bama fan by any measure) and I’d rather take the player that offers more with less.

If you are arguing the OSU roster is loaded with talent you would have to hold that against Young as well.  Both players were on very talented rosters with great college coaches.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

So let me get this straight. Our offense that hasn't even been fully formed via draft and FA will suck with Stroud but if we draft your favorite guy with a lighter build than Matt Corral things will all fall into place and we'll be instant contenders. This right here is why more and more people are growing tired of the takes from Bryce Young's most delusional supporters.

He’s “my favorite guy” because he’s the best guy. His game has elite traits. Fine Stroud is very accurate, I’m not knocking that. He doesn’t do anything out of structure and will be asked to in the nfl. So YOURE gonna cherry pick the fact that he’s light and just assume that he can’t bulk up, can’t maneuver at his size? I get it, the SEC isn’t the nfl. But it’s damn sure a lot closer to the nfl than the big10 is. He’s played at this size and once again, he’s aware of his size limitations and his play STYLE reflects that. 

To the user that brought up surrounding talent- stop. Please don’t compare a year of Metchie and J. will to the FIVE first round picks that Stroud has worked with. God forbid I take caution that Bryce is much more experienced in working with less. 

But no let me just automatically love Stroud because he’s 6’3 and throws a great slant route to first round wr. No delusion here. I go with what I watch. What I watch - prefers Young.