• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Albert Breer

Mr. Scot

I think by the time it comes to pick, all industry secrets about our selection will be gone. It will be hard for the Texans to justify the pick unless they're that much more in love with one over the other. The Texans have the easiest pick in the draft as it stands and would really have to be decisive in one over the other to give up any assets at all. If we were willing to talk on it at all, they would control the price because what we would be telling them is we're taking the guy you want less and want to try to extort a pick out of your presumed preference. It's a weird chess game. 

AR has the highest ceiling. Levis has, I don’t really know what, I am not impressed with him at all.
Neither should be starting week one and have glaring problems that may or may not be fixed. 
Levis is more mental, which may be unfixable. AR has all the tools and mentality but has horrible mechanics, but mechanics are more easy to fix then mentality. 
Neither should go in the top 5 and neither should be starting for a season or 2. 
That is why I don’t get, if they are actually targeting these two potentially, they could’ve  just waited to move up to Arizona’s pick or possibly Seattle’s. Could maybe of kept DJ and been out only 2 1sts and maybe a 2nd or two. 
All these rumors are just weird and I have a feeling that come draft, like most, it will be the person that makes sense with no surprises. Means I doubt we are targeting 2 players who can’t even start year one and likely would have been there at 9. 
All the capital we spend to get to first and we get AR or Levis and I will wonder if the supposed QB whisperer offense focused staff is actually not as smart as we think they are. 
TLDR: If they draft Levis or AR after spending all those resources then the honeymoon period is over for me. 

• Pie 2

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

TLDR: If they draft Levis or AR after spending all those resources then the honeymoon period is over for me. 

I'd just say that my opinion of myself is not so high that I would bail on our professional staff of quarterback whisperers just because they didn't take the guy I thought they should take.

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

AR has the highest ceiling. Levis has, I don’t really know what, I am not impressed with him at all.
Neither should be starting week one and have glaring problems that may or may not be fixed. 
Levis is more mental, which may be unfixable. AR has all the tools and mentality but has horrible mechanics, but mechanics are more easy to fix then mentality. 
Neither should go in the top 5 and neither should be starting for a season or 2. 
That is why I don’t get, if they are actually targeting these two potentially, they could’ve  just waited to move up to Arizona’s pick or possibly Seattle’s. Could maybe of kept DJ and been out only 2 1sts and maybe a 2nd or two. 
All these rumors are just weird and I have a feeling that come draft, like most, it will be the person that makes sense with no surprises. Means I doubt we are targeting 2 players who can’t even start year one and likely would have been there at 9. 
All the capital we spend to get to first and we get AR or Levis and I will wonder if the supposed QB whisperer offense focused staff is actually not as smart as we think they are. 

Yea if they draft a guy who can't even throw a football then its over for this regime, even Rhule lasted longer lol

3 minutes ago, App Panther said:

He's actually at +350 on FanDuel (I took +400 yesterday). AR is at +300.

Some value on Young imo. 

I feel like Young is sneaky sliding to 4th. The rumblings at the combine were not good. First, he knew he was going to come in short. That's no surprise to him or anyone close to him. With that knowledge, the emphasis goes heavily to your throwing session and 40 to make up the difference. He declined to participate in either while the rest of his competition did at least throw and throw impressively. It seems to give the energy that he thought he was locked in at 1st overall or was afraid of testing and hurting his stock which are both bad news. This isn't a generational talent like Trevor Lawrence or Andrew Luck, this is a guy in a dead heat for the 1st pick and he treated the combine like a meet and greet. It sat wrong with a lot of teams. Some of these kids continue to get bad advice from agents.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope we draft Richardson. For one, it would tell me that our very experienced coaching staff when it comes to QBs thinks they can mold him into a great NFL QB given his immense talent.

But almost as equally, just to sit back and watch the poo show on the Huddle. 😂

i will 100% be permabanned in that timeline

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

I feel like Young is sneaky sliding to 4th. The rumblings at the combine were not good. First, he knew he was going to come in short. That's no surprise to him or anyone close to him. With that knowledge, the emphasis goes heavily to your throwing session and 40 to make up the difference. He declined to participate in either while the rest of his competition did at least throw and throw impressively. It seems to give the energy that he thought he was locked in at 1st overall or was afraid of testing and hurting his stock which are both bad news. This isn't a generational talent like Trevor Lawrence or Andrew Luck, this is a guy in a dead heat for the 1st pick and he treated the combine like a meet and greet. It sat wrong with a lot of teams. Some of these kids continue to get bad advice from agents.

Don't confuse media hype with actual NFL evaluations happening. Bryce Young showed up to the Combine to accomplish one thing. Step on a scale over 200 pounds. Show that you're in that Kyler Murray/Russell Wilson size mold, not a complete anomaly.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Common quote I've seen says that they have "conviction" on two guys. 

And honestly, that's not really hard to believe.

I know some folks get triggered by the idea that we might like more than one (not sure why) but it's really not farfetched.

Nor do I discount the idea that after all the pro days, interviews and such are completed they could like three.

Options are not a bad thing, and frankly I'm not sure why people would have a negative opinion of them exhausting every possible resource to make sure they get the right answer.

Because none of us want to get stuck with Levis.

Living in Indiana the thought of us trading with Indy and allowing them to get Stroud or Young while we get stuck with Levis is nauseating.

IDGAF about draft capital...I want my star QB.

This team has done everything right this offseason but they should've kept their mouth shut about trading down. Now we look silly.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Because none of us want to get stuck with Levis.

Living in Indiana the thought of us trading with Indy and allowing them to get Stroud or Young while we get stuck with Levis is nauseating.

IDGAF about draft capital...I want my star QB.

This team has done everything right this offseason but they should've kept their mouth shut about trading down. Now we look silly.

But if a group of professionals think that he is a star quarterback, who do we trust more?

I don't buy that we traded all that for the #1 pick without having a specific QB in mind. I'm sure there are pro-Young and pro-Stroud people in the building, but I have to believe Fitterer/Tepper are at least on the same page and all these 'leaks' coming out are to try and possibly work a trade down with Houston.

That in and of itself indicates to me the guy we want is likely C.J. Stroud because I think it's clear Houston prefers Bryce Young.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't confuse media hype with actual NFL evaluations happening. Bryce Young showed up to the Combine to accomplish one thing. Step on a scale over 200 pounds. Show that you're in that Kyler Murray/Russell Wilson size mold, not a complete anomaly.

That is a pretty transparent methodology in my opinion. Teams know these guys can put on 10-15 lbs. of bad weight by eating poorly for a month if they don't intend to run drills. I still don't think Young plays at anything over 200 lbs. and probably more like 195. He probably stuffed himself with fishing weights like those guys did in the walleye tournament. 

• Beer 1