• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers unsure of who their #1 is or is it just a smokescreen…

mc52beast

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Ian Rappaport just slipped up on nfl network and said "the Panthers qb Will Levis" and the quys were shocked.  He just laughed it off.

I’d cry. Then I’d get wasted. Then a week later I’d gaslight myself that Levis was the only true franchise QB in the draft. 

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Yeah my gut says Stroud with Richardson as the dark horse. 

It just seems far fetched that Reich will want Young based on his QB’s historically. 

I kinda think it came down to 2 guys and that was Stroud and Levis. The 3rd guy to insert himself into consideration would be Richardson.  I do not think Young was ever in the running with us.

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’d cry. Then I’d get wasted. Then a week later I’d gaslight myself that Levis was the only true franchise QB in the draft. 

It would not matter to me which guy they take.  Just get a guy that can help us win and make the trade up worth it. 

• Beer 1

You guys have to remember that these posted rankings have nothing to do with how teams rank these players.  They do their own scouting and ranking the guys according to how they see their fit with their team. So do not assume Young and Stroud are the top 2 on everyone’s draft board.  Hell I've heard it reported that Hooker is considered one of the top 3 qbs by many teams. You can never predict what teams will do with this draft class. 

• Pie 1

Open your minds for at least the next 30 days or so. 

• Take Stroud and put him under center at Kentucky.  Think about the OL there, the receivers, etc.
  • Take Young and put him under center at Kentucky.  Think about the OL there, the receivers, etc.
  • Take Levis and put him under center at Bama or OSU.  Think about the OL there, the receivers, etc.

Is it possible that these professional coaches and talent evaluators see something in Levis that we do not?  Is it POSSIBLE....?

If I am wrong, and they draft Levis and he goes full Ryan Leaf on us, blame Jon Snow.🥲

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

• Take Stroud and put him under center at Kentucky.  Think about the OL there, the receivers, etc.
  • Take Young and put him under center at Kentucky.  Think about the OL there, the receivers, etc.
  • Take Levis and put him under center at Bama or OSU.  Think about the OL there, the receivers, etc.

Is it possible that these professional coaches and talent evaluators see something in Levis that we do not?  Is it POSSIBLE....?

If I am wrong, and they draft Levis and he goes full Ryan Leaf on us, blame Jon Snow.

He's more Josh Rosen. If Reich and Fitterer pick him...wow. Just wow. Reich would instantly have done more damage and been even dumber than Matt Rhule, which I'd have never guessed.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If I am wrong, and they draft Levis and he goes full Ryan Leaf on us, blame Jon Snow.

Don't blame me! I do not get to hand in the card. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

He's more Josh Rosen. If Reich and Fitterer pick him...wow. Just wow. Reich would instantly have done more damage and been even dumber than Matt Rhule, which I'd have never guessed.

It scares me too, but I am not very good at evaluating QBs as they transition to the NFL...I am horrible at it.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Don't blame me! I do not get to hand in the card. 

Someone has to be blamed!!! Kidding.  I appreciate the catch--Ian could be in the know and the Panthers may know something we all have missed.

I appreciating you tolerating me throwing you under the bus, twice. Just having some fun with posters I feel that I can trust.