• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My role is to take the ball deep take the top off the defense… let’s bring in Hardman

TheBigKat

38 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

He hasn’t shown much playing with Mahommes and didn’t take much of a leap after Hill left 

He was injured last year though.  Went to IR I think half way through the season. 

He is a niche player.  We don’t have anyone on the roster that does what he does.  

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

We can't afford him.  Our remaining cap is 12 million . . . we need 12 million to sign our rookies, assuming no more trades.  The only thing remaining is the Shaq extension which still hasn't been announced.

Overthecap now has us at $24m. Seems like they update the Shaq numbers.

41 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

How many years do the Saints have to manipulate the cap before people realize the cap is no issue when you know how to move around money. Huddlers have been saying for over a decade they will feel the ramifications of it, but they never do.

What has happened without their HOF QB and HC? I know when I’m looking at a team to emulate, I pick the below average team that couldn’t win an awful division and loses good to great players on a regular basis. Good call.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

How many years do the Saints have to manipulate the cap before people realize the cap is no issue when you know how to move around money. Huddlers have been saying for over a decade they will feel the ramifications of it, but they never do.

How many times do they have to let premium players walk before people stop making this argument? Terron Armstead, franchise left tackle, unable to be retained because of that strategy. There have been plenty of others. Nothing’s free.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

4.33 speed

if we can’t come to terms with Chark, Hardman brings Super Bowl winning experience and becomes the 1 here. Sets the draft up perfectly

F377365F-1C68-4BBA-8C98-5083657669DC.webp

Hardman is in no way, shape, or form a #1 or even #2 receiver. There is a reason KC is letting him test the market and that is because he is a straight speed guy that brings nothing else to the table. Good Ginn-type (without Cam magic) player if you have the luxury of that in your offense, but has shown nothing more eve with Reid.

A bargain deal in a weak FA class? Sure, no problem. Paying a guy like a potential WR1 whose career best season was 59 catches, 693 yards and 2 TD (in 17 games) catching passes from the best QB in the NFL? Absolutely not. I think the reason no one has signed him is he is waiting out for more money than he has demonstrated he is worth. 

Ginn is a good comp. But we signed him to a 2 year, $4.2 million contract in 2015. We could double that to account for inflation of the cap and a weak FA market to get around 2 years $9 million. I'm sure he's looking for way more than that, in which case, no thanks.

Edited by Peon Awesome
  • Beer 1