• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich/Fitterer noon press conference

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Intestine that we're intent on waiting until after the draft for Burns' extension. I know Fitts said they're not looking to trade any current players but the strength of this draft class on paper are the TEs and edge rushers. Almost makes me wonder if the right guy is there at #39 could we trade Burns of we can get an offer close to what the Rams made us? I know we turned it down at the time but things change and I have to think that a wheeler and dealer like Fitts is going to try to recoup some of that draft capital we gave up to get to #1.

i thought of this as well, but it would be puzzling if they did it after the draft considering they could get talent now instead of later.  I cant think of a team that has done a trade that big after a draft.

unless a player was involved...

Edited by TheCasillas

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i thought of this as well, but it would be puzzling if they did it after the draft considering they could get talent now instead of later.  I cant think of a team that has done a trade that big after a draft.

unless a player was involved...

Yeah, I don't expect it. Just spitballing. We're probably just wanting to focus 100% on external free agents and the draft right now being that Burns is under contract so there's no urgency there.

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I don't expect it. Just spitballing. We're probably just wanting to focus 100% on external free agents and the draft right now being that Burns is under contract so there's no urgency there.

I'd think they want to free up the capital for inseason signings and carry over cap

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fitterer also said he was talking to Burns agent but not about him

Here’s a look at Todd France’s client list…

https://fanspo.com/nfl/agents/todd-france/28450

Give me Leonard Floyd please 

nah, DK Metcalf 

And they are not trading any more players, especially on defense. Burns is a cornerstone of this defense. 

25 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fitterer also said he was talking to Burns agent but not about him

Here’s a look at Todd France’s client list…

https://fanspo.com/nfl/agents/todd-france/28450

Give me Leonard Floyd please 

Todd France is a good dude. He was the only "power agent" that would give me the time of day when I was a kid fresh out of college tooling around writing fan articles for Scout.com. Got me an interview with TD shortly after we picked him #14 overall.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

These certainly feel like "intentional leaks" for opposing teams.... It has been reported that the Texans want Bryce... this could be us enticing them to make the deal. 

They not making any deal from 2 to 1 with us, that deal was probably just for chi.

And I can't lie, this press conference is saying we drafting Young(can take two plays into the huddle, doesn't get his balls squatted down, and Russel Wilson comparisons), not AR(combine) nor CJ(known for his accuracy) 

It's Young but let's take our time so we can stay in the media for a few more weeks.

54 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I really wouldn’t read much into these answers. Scott isn’t going to reveal much and knows other teams may be watching 

I don’t think for a second they’ll trade back but if Scott still wants to play this ridiculous trade back game he’s obviously going to give answers that would make you think they want Young 

Actually Scott always reveals what he thinks and wants to do.

Before the draft, there was even an article by one of our beat writing about listening to what Scott says to know what Carolina will do. & because the year prior, he pretty much did exactly what he said was going to do at the presser. 

Before we traded for 1, Scott talked several times about "if you have conviction on 1 guy, you go up to get him". That's exactly what we did. Most GM wouldn't even have brought that up before they traded up so other teams wouldn't make the price go up. But that's not how Scott has operated.

So yes, Scott is pretty transparent for a GM. and if you listened to him talk about Bryce before the draft & his description today, you can clearly see that the pick is Bryce.

He made a point of talking about "processing". Who is the QB that everybody can agree is the best processor currently? 

He made it a point to specifically talked about the fact that it is more than "throwing the ball & accuracy". Who is the QB who is known the be the best thrower with accuracy? CJ.

1 hour ago, TF330 said:

Scott didn't show his hand at all, he was specifically asked about russell and about russell being short which is why that topic came up, fitterer didn't just give that information out randomly

cj stroud also played 2 years so the experience part and game tape part wouldn't separate bryce young or stroud from one another.

only thing I took from it was that 1) we are negotiating with chark and 2) richardson and levis seem out of it

oh and there was a not so subtle dig at rhule where scott was gushing about working through this draft/FA process with Reich because reich understands rosters and contracts, "where as some coaches just want want want and don't fully understand"

Towards the end.

"I want want want." lol Rhule was such a clown. 

• Pie 6

8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Towards the end.

"I want want want." lol Rhule was such a clown. 

Yeah, pretty clearly a swipe at Rhule there. And honestly it makes sense. One of the harder transition from college to the pros has to be valuing roster spots and capital, whether we're talking draft picks or salary cap. And that's why giving a college coach full control was so wildly idiotic. College rosters are huge. They have a ton of scholarships available. They can afford to throw mud at the wall with recruits. If half of the don't work out it really doesn't matter. Just go get another crop next year. It doesn't work like that in the NFL. If you're missing on half you draft picks and signings you're gonna suck. As we've seen. 😂

• Pie 4