• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best NC City

BrisbanePanther

Best Carolinas city  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best city in the Carolinas and why?

• Charlotte
    • Raleigh
    • Greensboro
    • Winston
    • Greenville
    • Charleston
    • Columbia
    • Other

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

Yeah, the boat launch that we used to use when I was a kid was the actual old highway into Butler.

I’m originally from Crossnore NC in Avery County. I’ve lived on the Tennessee side, Johnson City and now Telford, since 2009. Good luck in whatever you decide. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, OHYO said:

I’m originally from Crossnore NC in Avery County. I’ve lived on the Tennessee side, Johnson City and now Telford, since 2009. Good luck in whatever you decide. 

My brothers were born at Sloop Memorial in Crossnore. Of course it no longer exists, but I'm sure you know that.

Edited by Floppin

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

I brothers were born at Sloop Memorial in Crossnore. Of course it no longer exists, but I'm sure you know that.

I do. Mom and Dad moved to Morganton in 1966 so I was born at Grace. We moved back in 69. I’ve thrown snow balls off the roof of the old Sloop and hit cars going through Crossnore.  

Just now, OHYO said:

I do. Mom and Dad moved to Morganton in 1966 so I was born at Grace. We moved back in 69. I’ve thrown snow balls off the roof of the old Sloop and hit cars going through Crossnore.  

When I was young btw

Just now, OHYO said:

Lol nice. I used to tresspass into the original Canon in Banner Elk all the time.

I was born in Charlotte, so I'm partial to it. Everywhere else is great to visit though. If I lived in another city it'd be Swannanoa or maybe Hendersonville. 

I know that this is just a list for fun, but LOL at anyone who lives on Lake Norman having the gall to say any other place 'has no soul.' LKN was okay 20-30 years ago before it was overrun by Rust Belt refugees and MAGA dipshits. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

I see Wilmington was left off intentionally...shame.

I'd rather live here than anywhere in the state, and it's not close.

Being from the area myself, it's a very love it or hate it city. I was excited to take the wife around a couple years ago and she was very meh about it. I don't get it but that's my youth so I'll always consider it home a bit

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Being from the area myself, it's a very love it or hate it city. I was excited to take the wife around a couple years ago and she was very meh about it. I don't get it but that's my youth so I'll always consider it home a bit

I get it.

Wilmington is different, that's for sure.  You have to slow down, you have to realize folks don't work on Fridays, certainly not the weekends.

9 months out of the year I can jump in my truck and be at my boat in less than 10 minutes, head out to go catch Flounder, Trout, or Red Drum, back at the house before my son is finishing breakfast.  Pack the fam and the dog up, and head out  for a day of cruising, sand bar hopping, or fishing.

Head home after and eat fresh fish.

Run down to Southport on the boat for lunch?  Sure!

Mayfaire and fantastic restaurants are 5 minutes from my house and if you want, you can head downtown to catch most any band...river front.

I get it, if you visit Wilmington...may not look like much, but if you live the coastal life, it's an Awesome place to raise a family.

• Pie 1