• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best NC City

BrisbanePanther

Best Carolinas city  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best city in the Carolinas and why?

• Charlotte
    • Raleigh
    • Greensboro
    • Winston
    • Greenville
    • Charleston
    • Columbia
    • Other

My favorite small cities in the state are Boone, Asheville and Wilmington. As far as the large go, as I said in the other thread, they're all very generic imo. Raleigh and Charlotte are just ridiculous expanding sprawl with no soul but I think Raleigh has more character and life. I live on Lake Norman for what it's worth.

• Pie 1

1. I like Charleston the best because I love the architecture and the history there, and the food is also amazing. Also its near the water. So it kind of beats everything else.

2. Winston Salem- I like WS because it reminds me of Charlotte in the 90's. You can easily park downtown and walk anywhere worth seeing. Really interesting hole in the wall bars, and Old Salem is pretty neat. Its a little quieter and sleepier than CLT which I personally like.

3. Charlotte- I don't spend nearly as much time there as I used to the last few years. It has gotten so much bigger. Uptown is lacking in attractions for me though. But there are cool little subcultures.  French quarter is pretty cool, Noda, Southend, Plaza, were pretty fun still the last time I frequented there. 

One thing that sucks about CLT however is that it just seems to be overrun by the brewery scene. It's a drinker's town. And what's boring about it is that you pretty much do the same thing all over the city. Find a bar, drink, get food, go home, rinse and repeat. Also, traffic is awful and the design of the roads in uptown are insane and stupid.

Seeing a Knights game with the CLT skyline is fuging great though. Same with the Panthers. 

4. Greensboro- Sorta like WS but not as nice. Accessible and small downtown that can be fun to explore. Haven't really spent much time there outside of the downtown area though. 

Edited by OneBadCat

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Asheville is basically just hillbilly Boulder. It has become a caricature of itself. Brevard is kinda becoming the new Asheville IMO. If you like Asheville of 25 years ago, Brevard is basically a smaller version of that. It's the Lyons to Boulder.

Although much smaller I'm a big fan of Highlands NC