• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud or Young?

Daddy_Uncle

Stroud or Young?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want As Our Franchise QB?

As soon as the offseason began I started making threads about trading up for 1 to go get out our top choice of Stroud/Young. I didn’t have a strong preference on either.

Since we’ve moved up, I’ve watched as many snaps of each of them as I can find on YouTube and my opinion largely remains the same. I personally like Stroud a bit more but don’t trust my own eyes over the guys making the decision.  

I am just thankful to have a reason to get excited about this team again. Been a fan since 95 but didn’t get to really watch all the games til 96. This last 5 year stretch has been the most brutal, miserable time period with no end in sight until now. For that I’m happy and can’t wait to see what lies ahead for us.

• Pie 2

The more I look, the more I like both.  

Honestly, as prospects, think they're both head and shoulders above every guy coming out in the last 5 years minus Lawrence & Burrow. 

I can see arguments for Tua & maybe Herbert, but no one else comes even close.  And accuracy wise, Burrow is the only one ahead of them since Luck.  

Just my 2 cents in overhype season.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

The more I look, the more I like both.  

Honestly, as prospects, think they're both head and shoulders above every guy coming out in the last 5 years minus Lawrence & Burrow. 

I can see arguments for Tua & maybe Herbert, but no one else comes even close.  And accuracy wise, Burrow is the only one ahead of them since Luck.  

Just my 2 cents in overhype season.  

Yeah Herbert and Fields were the only realistic guys to hope we would/could grab in the last 4 years. Hurts, who knows how he'd look under any other team than the Eagles, good for him for avoiding our last coaching staff

2 hours ago, frankw said:

People about to start logging in with their stash accounts to boost the Bryce votes 🤣

They are just following Bryce Young's example of boosting his weight at the Combine lol.

The fact that he didn't re-weigh today at the Alabama pro day shows how inflated that 204 weight was.

Young is going to get rocked in the NFL like when Ndamukong Suh was on Sports Science and tackled the host.  Young is probably the same size as the host.

7 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Good for him for playing in the Peach Bowl. Probably wouldn't be number one on anyone's board without it.

It's up to the staff to figure out what were his instincts and what the OSU coaches asked him to do. I'm sure they'll go into length with both guys on the 30 visits when they have them in private for a full day

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah Herbert and Fields were the only realistic guys to hope we would/could grab in the last 4 years. Hurts, who knows how he'd look under any other team than the Eagles, good for him for avoiding our last coaching staff

We are in effect lucky as hell we didn't take a QB in R1 for that last regime.  We would be so confused at where Herbert, Hurts, Fields, Mac, or etc. were developmentally if they were picked and this would've been a messy as hell situation.  I know Herbert was picked ahead, but we could've traded if we wanted.    

Clean slate.  

QB & Weapons time.  All brand new

• Beer 1

Everyone has their favorite and the Panthers will make a choice between them. But have you noticed that Wednesday when they visited Stroud the media was "Carolina's gonna take Stroud."  Today it was "Carolina's gonna take Young." Will tomorrow's headlines be "Carolina's gonna take Levis?"   Whoever we choose tell me you won't be watching the Texan's highlights and stats to see if we made the right choice. The one thing I know about Panthers fans is that they are NEVER satisfied. Maybe this coaching staff will change all of that.  We can hope.

49 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

4 Months ago? This thread is after the Michigan game, the Georgia game a month later is what squashed a lot of these criticisms 

1 game shouldn’t determine how good a player is…good or bad.  Bill Walsh used to throw out a players worst and best games.  Evaluate the rest