• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson requests trade

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Dude is looking for the contract he can retire on.  I don't blame him, but I think he's overestimating his value by a bit... like tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money.

Contract offer from the Ravens included $133 million guaranteed.

How much does Jackson think he needs "to retire on"? 😳

4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Personally, getting Lamar with the way this team is constructed, you’re winning the NFC hands down and I’d do that over selecting an unproven QB.

Lamar needed an agent, that’s clear but the Ravens had every opportunity to lock up Lamar BEFORE the Watson contract even existed. I can’t blame Lamar for wanting more than the Watson contact, he’s flat out better.

The owners may collude together to try and thwart these fully guaranteed contracts but it just takes 1 out of 31 billionaires who says fug it i want my team to compete for a Super Bowl

Lamar Jackson on this currently constructed team puts Carolina as the #1 team in the NFC

I don't think Lamar is realistic anymore.

The only way I see us trading for Lamar is after the draft which would probably have to have a trade agreed upon with a contract that Lamar would sign.

Which is why I jokingly said draft Will Anderson #1 then trade for Lamar after the draft.

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You would dismiss the Eagles and 49ers to just average teams so easily? I don't know that we'd be instant SB favorites. That contract and loss of picks would mean gaping holes at some critical positions over the next few years, not to mention it ignores missing significant playing time the past 2 seasons to even warrant a massive guaranteed contract. 

I don't think the owners are colluding at all. Lamar has dealt with his career from a monetary standpoint very poorly since draft day. His own ignorance is being taken advantage of and rightly so. This is the business side of the NFL and in this area, he's been no MVP. 

What if they waited after the draft to make a trade?

Take Will Anderson #1 then trade the 2 future 1st after the draft.

2 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Dude is looking for the contract he can retire on.  I don't blame him, but I think he's overestimating his value by a bit... like tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money.

I mean, he's made about $38M so far. Even after Uncle am's generous cut that's far more money than the vast majority of Americans will ever see.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Seriously man, your posts are just getting dumber and dumber.

Your proposal here would then mean we gave up 3 firsts, 2 seconds, and DJ Moore for the right to give a $50 million per year fully guaranteed contract to an injury prone QB whose best days are already behind him, instead of saving 2 of those firsts and getting a rookie QB contract.

And yes, I know we'd end up with Anderson as well, but logic is seriously missing from your posts on this topic.

Edited by tukafan21

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Seriously man, your posts are just getting dumber and dumber.

Your proposal here would then mean we gave up 3 firsts, 2 seconds, and DJ Moore for the right to give a $50 million per year fully guaranteed contract to an injury prone QB whose best days are already behind him, instead of saving 2 of those firsts and getting a rookie QB contract.

And yes, I know we'd end up with Anderson as well, but logic is seriously missing from your posts on this topic.

Hey buddy did you see my original post where I said Lamar is not realistic?

Stop taking everything I say seriously k.

Tell the family I said hi.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Contract offer from the Ravens included $133 million guaranteed.

How much does Jackson think he needs "to retire on"? 😳

To me, he’s looking at it like”I deserve what Watson got” and he’s right. He’s an mvp, Watson is not. Lamar doesn’t have the baggage that Watson had/has. Now, I’m sure deep down he knows he won’t get a Watson deal, something will get worked out in the end, but this is all the browns fault.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We don't have a 1st next year. No way they want them starting 2 years from now. 

3 minutes ago, Ornias said:

We don't have a 1st next year. No way they want them starting 2 years from now. 

We could draft Young or Stroud, trade them to somebody else for three first rounders, turn around and trade two of those first rounders for Jackson and boom! 😀

That is, of course, an incredibly stupid idea but it really wouldn't surprise me if somebody got behind it 😕

• Pie 1