• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Mark Williams Effect

MechaZain

Everyone's checked out this season so I know it's going under the radar, but Mark Williams has quietly elevated Charlotte from a bottom tier to top defensive team.

Took Clifford all year but it seems he finally got through to the guys. Even if we don't get the #1 we should be competitive next season.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

17 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Everyone's checked out this season so I know it's going under the radar, but Mark Williams has quietly elevated Charlotte from a bottom tier to top defensive team.

Took Clifford all year but it seems he finally got through to the guys. Even if we don't get the #1 we should be competitive next season.

Thankfully there is next season to look forward to.

19 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Really trying to give Clifford the credit for this? I mean, they only had to trade Plumlee to force Cliff to play Williams.

I think OP is moreso just highlighting how good Mark Williams is. But you do have a point. Apparently it's worthy of a poo to mention Clifford's penchant for playing veterans over young guys like it's never happened before. Maybe some folks are too used to this and just accept it now. I say no thanks.