• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

7 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

That would feel more accurate if the fact that his quarterback coach from 2013-2017 wasn't the same guy that developed Josh Allen and is now his offensive coordinator.

who was Cam's QB coach for the first two years and how many years experience as a QB coach did Dorsey have before becoming Cam's?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s that all it would have taken? Next year’s first and 25’s 2nd?

Word was the asking price for #3 wasn't significantly different than the asking price for #1.

Given that, why settle for #3?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, rayzor said:

who was Cam's QB coach for the first two years and how many years experience as a QB coach did Dorsey have before becoming Cam's?

Daboll developed Allen and is why Jones looked decent this year in NYG. I’d argue Allen regressed when Daboll left.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Daboll developed Allen and is why Jones looked decent this year in NYG. I’d argue Allen regressed when Daboll left.

I'd argue Allen was throwing with a partially torn UCL nerve in his elbow this year.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

As I recall, the only experience Dorsey had prior to becoming Newton's quarterback coach was working as one of our scouts.

Would he have been as good as he is now if he'd been allowed to really coach? Don't know, but I do know Rivera overall just wasn't good for Newton.

To be honest, at this point I think Dorsey's a little overrated as a head coaching prospect, partially because he's using Allen in much the same way Rivera used Newton. It won't surprise me if that ends up shortening his career.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah, I see your point. And actually Daboll may be more responsible for Allen's development anyway. Norv at least pushed Cam to play differently, and he responded. That should have happened much earlier in his career.

Edited by XClown1986
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word back then was Rivera and Hurney didn't want any "hard coaching" on Newton. They were afraid of hurting his feelings.

Dorsey basically wound up being a "buddy", and there were a load of indications that Newton didn't really respect him or see him as a valid coach.

Buffalo actually let him coach however he felt he needed to.

they didn't really surround him with good experienced coaches up until Turner.